Property Part 1 - Income Tax & Real Property 17.03.2016
This webinar provides an outline of the common law decisions that are used to support the principles and factors which distinguish whether property is held on revenue or capital account
Stream this recording multiple times at your convenience.
- $220.00 incl. GST
- PD hours: 1.5
With property investment and development representing such a significant part of the Australian business landscape, it is important to have an understanding of the fundamental tax principles that can directly affect your investment and/or business dealings in real property.
This is a practical webinar that provides guidance on how to deal with:
- the sale of real property in the ordinary course of business;
- the holding of property as trading stock; and
- the sale as a profit making scheme.
The webinar also provides guidance on the tax outcomes associated with:
- property acquired for investment that is subsequently developed and sold;
- the mere realisation of a capital asset; and
- timing issues, along with the calculation of profits and gains.
Practical examples based on current ATO practice and existing case law are provided throughout.
Accounting, taxation and legal professionals at all levels, as well as those working in commerce, property investment and/or property development that may require a working knowledge of key tax concepts.
Crowe Horwath is the largest provider of practical accounting, audit, tax, business and financial advice to individuals and businesses from a network of over 80 offices throughout the country.
The firm’s team of 300 Principals (approx.) and professionals deliver a full range of accounting including, audit and taxation, business advisory, corporate finance and wealth management services from offices in the cities of Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane, Canberra, Perth, Auckland, Wellington and major regional centers in Australia and New Zealand.
You will be provided with:
• PowerPoint presentation slide deck
• Supporting documentation
• Webinar Recording to view multiple times for up to 6 months
• An opportunity to ask questions to the presenter
Further Research in CCH iKnow
|FBT 2018: Key Learnings for 2019 and Beyond||Webinar Recording|
|Capital Gains Tax (2 of 2)||Webinar Recording|
|Commercial Debt Forgiveness & Debt: Equity||Webinar Recording|
|Doing Business in New Zealand||Webinar Recording|