FBT 2017: Reporting Challenges for Entertainment Expenses
Unravelling FBT, GST, Income Tax, Accounting and Process Challenges.
Stream this recording multiple times at your convenience.
- $220.00 incl. GST
- PD hours: 1.5
Entertainment represents the most challenging benefit to identify, value and report in annual FBT Returns.
Particular focus areas will include Food & Drink, Alcohol Consumption, Travel Expenses, Recreational Entertainment, Light Meals & Sustenance and Policy development.
Webinar Learning Outcomes:
1. A methodical approach for identifying, valuing and reporting entertainment 2017 FBT reporting.
2. Being able to distinguish between when food & drink (including alcohol) constitutes sustenance and when it constitutes entertainment subject to the FBT, GST and Income Tax rules
3. Valuation options: 50/50 method v Actual per head method
4. Claiming the minor benefits exemption
5. Claiming the on-premises exemption
6. The different types of Entertainment including Meals, Facility Leasing and Recreational
7. An understanding of best practice process
8. Common errors and dispelling the many myths associated with Entertainment benefits
Anyone involved in FBT return preparation or review, and those involved in the accounting or policy function for managing entertainment expenditure and employee expenses, including:
• Tax agents and tax advisors
• Accountants in Public Practice
• Tax Accountants
• Tax Managers
• HR Personnel
• Finance Managers
• Financial Accountants
• Management Accountants
• Accounts Payable teams
Paul Mather has over 25 years' experience specializing in FBT and employment taxes, and he is a current member of the ATO’s Small Business Liaison Group.
Paul is the director and founder of FBT Solutions, providing advisory and compliance services to a broad range of corporates, non-profits and Government organisations. Paul is a registered tax agent, chartered tax advisor and a chartered accountant, with a Masters of Tax from Sydney University.
You will be provided with:
• PowerPoint presentation slide deck
• Any supporting documentation
• Webinar Recording to view multiple times for up to 6 months
• An opportunity to ask questions to the presenter
|Division 7A (2 of 2)||Webinar Recordings|
|Tax Consolidation for SMEs||Webinar Recordings|
|Asset Protection & Estate Planning – Part 2||Webinar Recordings|
|Preparing for Year End 2016||Webinar Recordings|