FBT 2017: Motor Vehicles
A detailed analysis of the FBT rules as they apply to motor vehicles.
Mar 22Wed 1:00 PM - Wed 2:30 PM Online
- $220.00 incl. GST
Purchase 3 or more 2017 FBT webinars in one transaction and receive 15% off the total!
But hurry, this offer is only valid until 31 March 2017.
Use the Promo Code FBT15 at the checkout to claim your discount.
Webinar Learning Outcomes:
1. FBT reporting requirements for 2017 FBT reporting and payment summary disclosure
2. Current motor vehicle FBT rules as they apply to cars, pooled vehicles, utility vehicles and tool of trade vehicles
3. An analysis of the statutory formula method and operating cost method
4. An explanation of the requirements for a valid logbook
5. An explanation of the requirements for claiming exemption for under 1 tonne and over 1 tonne vehicles
6. Valuation of non-exempt motor vehicles on a cents per km basis
7. Strategies for minimizing or eliminating an employer’s FBT cost
8. Analysis of the current areas of ATO audit focus
9. Analysis of current ATO consultation areas including safe harbor rules for logbook, pooled cars and claiming exemption
10. A summary of the common errors and dispel the many myths
Anyone involved in FBT reporting or managing fleet / car benefits, or those tasked with managing motor vehicles from an operational or policy perspective, including:
• Tax agents and tax advisors
• Accountants in Public Practice
• Tax Accountants
• HR Personnel
• Payroll Accountants
• Payroll Managers and their teams
• Finance Managers
• Financial Accountants
• Management Accountants
• Tax Managers
• Fleet Managers
• Salary Packaging Managers
Paul Mather has over 25 years' experience specializing in FBT and employment taxes, and he is a current member of the ATO’s Small Business Liaison Group. Paul was a member of the former Australian Taxation Office National Tax Liaison Group (NTLG) Fringe Benefits Tax Subcommittee from 2005 to 2013.
Paul is the director and founder of FBT Solutions, providing advisory and compliance services to a broad range of corporates, non-profits and Government organisations. Paul is a registered tax agent, chartered tax advisor and a chartered accountant, with a Masters of Tax from Sydney University.
You will be provided with:
• PowerPoint presentation slide deck
• Any supporting documentation
• Webinar Recording to view multiple times for up to 6 months
• An opportunity to ask questions to the presenter
|Division 7A (2 of 2)||15 Jun|
|FBT 2017: FBT Return Update Essentials||01 Mar|
|Property Part 1 – Income Tax & Real Property 17.03.2016||Webinar Recordings|
|Year End Tax Planning - 2017||25 May|