FBT 2017: Salary Packaging Essentials
Salary Packaging provides a key solution to offering flexible remuneration to all your employees.
Stream this recording multiple times at your convenience.
- $220.00 incl. GST
- PD hours: 1.5
Salary Packaging offers a “win win” situation for Employers and their Employees by providing a pay increase at no additional cost to the Employer.
For FBT exempt and rebateable employers Salary Packaging remains a key policy component of remuneration.
The webinar covers the following:
• Application of the FBT rules
• Understand the concept of salary packaging
• Determine the requirements for an effective salary sacrifice arrangement
• Calculation examples showing the effect on after tax income for various income levels
• Comparison of Pre-tax FBT method and Post-tax contribution method for Cars and Car Parking
• Comparison of Statutory formula method and Logbook method for Cars and Car Parking
• Understand the key challenges
• Salary packaging arrangements for different employer types
• Salary Packaging of:
b) Car Parking
c) Relocation & LAFH benefits
d) Remote Area benefits
e) Portable Electronic Devices including Laptops / Tablets
f) Airline Lounge Memberships
g) School Fees (Expatriates)
h) Mortgage, Rent, Credit Cards
Those involved in FBT Reporting, Payment Summary Reporting, management of Salary Packaging from both an operational and policy perspective, including:
• Tax Agents & Advisors
• Accountants in Public Practice
• HR Personnel
• Tax Accountants & Managers
• Payroll Accountants & Managers
• Finance Managers
• Fleet Managers
• Salary Packaging Managers
Paul Mather has over 25 years' experience specializing in FBT and employment taxes, and he is a current member of the ATO’s Small Business Liaison Group. Paul was a member of the former Australian Taxation Office National Tax Liaison Group (NTLG) Fringe Benefits Tax Subcommittee from 2005 to 2013.
Paul is the director and founder of FBT Solutions, providing advisory and compliance services to a broad range of corporates, non-profits and Government organisations.
You will be provided with:
• PowerPoint presentation slide deck
• Any supporting documentation
• Webinar Recording to view multiple times for up to 6 months
• An opportunity to ask questions to the presenter
|Capital Gains Tax Small Business Relief (1 of 2)||Webinar Recordings|
|SME Structures – Part 2||Webinar Recordings|
|Capital Gains Tax Small Business Relief (2 of 2)||Webinar Recordings|
|Future of the Tax Profession||Webinar Recordings|