Best practice for setting up and monitoring your clients budgets
A practical session where we demonstrate how to do this in each of the mainstream SME software solutions.
Stream this recording multiple times at your convenience.
- $180.00 incl. GST
- PD hours: 1
Small Business Accounting Software has been used largely as a compliance tool, to assist for example in streamlining the BAS or the End of Financial Year Tax and Accounts preparation but this session will provide you with practical ways in which you can add more value to your client relationships beyond compliance.
One of the most underutilised aspects of SME accounting software (and often requested by clients) is the ability to monitor the performance of the business. The simple process of creating and monitoring budgets and forecasts is an area where you can actively participate in proactive business advisory for your clients.
In this session we’ll take a look at Xero, Reckon, Intuit & MYOB and you will learn the practical steps of how to quickly create a budget and customise reports to assist you with the monitoring of budgets. We will also be sharing hints and tips on how to engage clients by introducing this value-added service to them.
This webinar has been designed to enable you to expand your service offering using the tools contained within your client’s software by creating greater connection with your clients and you will be able to apply your learnings from this session to the very next client you do work for.
Webinar Learning Outcomes:
- You will discover the procedures for setting up and monitoring your client’s business performance in the 4 most popular main stream accounting solution being utilised by businesses in Australia
- Learn how to setup budgets within 5 minutes for each of your clients
- Discover how to monitor client’s business performance
- Find out about real and proven ways that progressive firms have been utilising budget setup and monitoring to creating deeper connection and engagement with their clients
- Learn how to introduce this value added service to your existing clients
This session is suited to all Accountants, Partners and Directors who want to identify and participate in future growth opportunities for their firms. The session is particularly relevant to anyone involved in the Business Advisory Services of your firm.
Clayton Oates has been recognised as a world renowned Thought Leader in the Accounting Technology Profession. In 2015 (and again in 2016 and 2017) he was named in the Top 25 Accounting Technology Thought Leader list compiled by USA CPA Practice Advisor, becoming the first Australian to be included in this prestigious list. In the past 12 months he has invested more than 60 days attending and presenting at many of the major Accounting Technology events in the USA, NZ and Australia. This experience has enabled him to attain unique insights into where technology is heading and the impact it will have on the Accounting Profession and you.
Clayton speaks from experience; starting out his professional life at PwC (Melbourne) followed by time in Industry before moving to Northern NSW where he established QA Business (a specialist IT consultancy division within an Accounting group). Now independently operated, QA Business helped thousands of SMB's and their ABC's (Accountants / Bookkeepers / Consultants) in the use of Accounting & Business Technology solutions. The QA Business mission is to help small business and their advisors build stronger, more efficient businesses by implementing technology solutions that not only drive efficiency but also enable business owners and operators to buy back time from their business.
Claytons Professional Qualifications Include:
- Bachelor of Business (Accounting) Monash University
- Fellow Institute of Public Accountants
- Accredited Software Consultant with Various Software Vendors
- Fellow Association of Accounting Technicians
- Top 25 Thought Leader in Accounting Technology (USA CPA Practice Advisor)
You will be provided with:
• PowerPoint presentation slide deck
• Supporting documentation
• Webinar Recording to view multiple times for up to 6 months
• An opportunity to ask questions to the presenter
|Brand Building Strategies for Smaller Firms (1 of 2)||Webinar Recording|
|New Notifiable Data Breach Obligations||Webinar Recording|
|Ethics 4: Independence for Assurance Engagements||Webinar Recording|
|Retirement Village Payment Options||Webinar Recording|