Estate Planning Changes required by New Super Regime
Variations to current orthodoxy for SMSF succession.
Stream this recording multiple times at your convenience.
- $180.00 incl. GST
- PD hours: 1
Introduction of the $1.6m Transfer Balance Cap with the excess moving back into accumulation phase fundamentally changes many of the approaches to superannuation estate planning that have been accepted practice for many years.
This webinar will explore the implications of potentially large amounts of family wealth now having to exit the super environment on the death of the first of a couple and potential strategies to maintain as much wealth as possible in the super environment, including:
• Reversionary pensions and BDBN’s co-existing instead of being alternatives;
• Why SMSF deeds should be amended to allow conversion of existing pensions to reversionary;
• Commuting the survivor’s pension to accumulation to enable taking the deceased’s death benefit as a pension;
• Potential impact of super changes on will strategies and estate administration; and
• Early removal strategies for avoiding will disputes and challenges.
This webinar will provide practical examples of potential strategies for SMSF clients exceeding the Transfer Balance Cap using case studies.
Attendees will be expected to have a solid working knowledge of the 1 July 2017 changes . They should also have an understanding of existing estate planning strategies for SMSF clients.
Webinar Learning Outcomes:
Attendees will obtain an understanding of the recommendations they need to be making to SMSF clients on amending their estate plans to accommodate the new super rules as from 1 July 2017. They will also gain insight on some of the pressure points to use in order to motivate clients who have neglected their estate planning to date.
Accountants, planners and lawyers from intermediate to senior levels.
Clifford Hughes is an IFX Legal Independent Adviser and Principal at Clifford Hughes & Associates. He is a member of the CCH Q&A Advisory Panel and consults to legal, accounting and planning practices around Australia on revenue, structuring and succession issues for their SME and high wealth clients.
You will be provided with:
• PowerPoint presentation slide deck
• Supporting documentation
• Webinar Recording to view multiple times for up to 6 months
• An opportunity to ask questions to the presenter
Further Research in CCH iKnow
|Revisiting the Investment Strategy||08 May|
|LRBAs and the LRBA Loophole Legislation||Webinar Recording|
|Update on New Superannuation Reforms Legislation||Webinar Recording|
|Death Benefits, Reversions and Other Issues||Webinar Recording|