Future Proofing your Firm with Financial Modelling
Using financial modelling and innovation to counter digital disruption and build your advisory service offering.
Stream this recording multiple times at your convenience.
- $180.00 incl. GST
- PD hours: 1
Accountants are sick and tired of reading articles and social media posts about the death of compliance and tax work and ‘digital disruption’ of the profession.
This webinar will focus on the opportunity for accounting firms to thrive by developing high-end advisory tools and associated skills around financial modelling. This practical session will demonstrate how this approach can deliver outcomes and analysis as good as those produced by leading investment banks and consultancy firms with only a small investment of time and money.
The reasons you should attend include:
• remaining relevant in today’s fast changing tech-driven world.
• maintaining a strong value proposition and brand around innovation to attract and retain clients.
• a practical understanding of what financial modelling and advisory looks like.
• case studies of clients and accounting firms that have achieved this already.
The webinar will consist of a combination of largely introductory and some advanced techniques but is primarily focused on introducing the concepts and solutions.
To enable attendees to get a sense of exactly how this can be practically applied, a model will be built on-screen using a ‘demo’ client. Materials will be provided so that attendees can practise these skills after the session including:
- a completed Excel workbook,
- a word document containing the screen shots of the step by step process used you can re-create the model post the webinar.
Webinar Learning Outcomes:
The webinar will help attendees to understand some of the practical steps and tools that can enable them develop high quality advisory services.
Relevant for both small and large firms including bookkeepers, accountants and business advisors. Any finance professional interested in developing financial modelling and advisory skills to add value to clients.
Lance Rubin has a wealth of experience across financial and professional services having worked at two of the Big 4 accounting firms as well as Investec Bank Corporate Finance & Advisory and National Australia Bank in both the retail and wholesale banking divisions.
With over 20 years experience leading teams across Performance Management, Rates Validation, Corporate Finance and Property Private Equity & Advisory, Lance now runs his own financial modelling consultancy firm Model Citizn and is also the CFO for fintech start-up Banjo and contracts to the KPMG financial modelling team.
You will be provided with:
• PowerPoint Presentation slide deck
• Any Supporting Documentation
• Webinar Recording to view multiple times for up to 6 months
• An opportunity to ask questions