FBT 2017: Salary Packaging Other Benefits
How to give your employees a pay increase at no additional employer cost
Stream this recording multiple times at your convenience.
- $220.00 incl. GST
- PD hours: 1.5
Salary Packaging is one of the most effective way to offer flexible remuneration to all your employees.
This webinar assists attendees in understanding the concepts of salary sacrificing a wide range of benefits and how to maximise the benefits of salary sacrifice for employers and employees.
This session is designed for all business types and sizes, providing practical knowledge to assist in managing and understanding the salary packaging, including:
• Understand the concept of salary packaging
• Understand how salary sacrifice benefits (not super) affects super contributions
• Determine the requirements for an effective salary sacrifice arrangement
• How to salary package different benefits
• Calculation examples showing the effect on after tax income for various income levels for the following benefits:
o Relocation Costs
o Temporary accommodation expenses
o LAFH accommodation expenses
o School fees
o Electronic devices
o Air lounge membership fees
• Comparison of Pre-tax FBT method and Post-tax contribution method
• Salary packaging arrangements for different employer types
• Understand the key challenges
Webinar Learning Outcomes:
Attendees will have a good understanding of salary packaging a wide range of benefits and key areas including what can and cannot be packaged, and the various valuation and structuring methods available.
• Tax agents and tax advisors
• Accountants in Public Practice
• HR Personnel (from officers to General HR Managers)
• Tax Accountants
• Payroll Accountants
• Payroll Managers and their teams
• Finance Managers
• Tax Managers
• Fleet Managers
• Salary Packaging Managers
Paul Mather is the Founder of FBT, Payroll & Salary Packaging Solutions, providing advisory and compliance services to a broad range of corporates, non-profits and Government organisations. Paul has over 25 years' experience specializing in FBT and employment taxes, and he is a current member of the ATO’s Small Business Liaison Group. Paul was a member of the former Australian Taxation Office National Tax Liaison Group (NTLG) Fringe Benefits Tax Subcommittee from 2005 to 2013.
You will be provided with:
• PowerPoint presentation slide deck
• Any Supporting documentation
• Webinar Recording to view multiple times for up to 6 months
• An opportunity to ask questions to the presenter