The Rise of The Machines
AI and Accounting - Fact or Fiction? Friend or Foe?
Stream this recording multiple times at your convenience.
- $180.00 incl. GST
- PD hours: 1
Technology has been playing a vital role in the Accounting Profession for decades. This has largely been around driving efficiency by streamlining input, throughput and output via the Automation of data entry and processing tasks.
More recently the Cloud (for both clients and the firm) has occupied our attention, and whilst we are still very much in the Cloud transition phase it’s what’s coming next that may ultimately have the greatest impact on you and your firm.
Technologies such as AI (Artificial Intelligence), ML (Machine Learning), DL (Deep Learning), Blockchain and Chatbots are entering the Accounting and Bookkeeping domains and may well have an even greater impact on the way we operate our businesses than all the previous technologies combined.
So is this a threat or an opportunity?
One thing for certain is that these emerging (and converging) technologies will impact the way we work, the way we interact with clients and the relevance clients perceive in the work we do.
Discover Where we are?, How did we get here?, Where are we heading? and How you can prepare for the future - Right Now?
Webinar Learning Outcomes:
• Learn about Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning, Deep Learning and the impact on the accounting profession
• Discover how to move beyond just using technology to automate and drive efficiency but towards De-Mystification
• Find out about what roles in the accounting profession are set to be impacted the most by these emerging technologies and why
• Understand the skillset and mindset that will enable you to thrive in this ever-changing landscape
Accountants, Partners and Directors who want to identify and participate in future growth opportunities for their firms. The session is particularly relevant to anyone involved in the Business and Software Advisory Services of your firm.
Clayton Oates has been recognised as a world renowned Thought Leader in the Accounting Technology Profession. In 2015 (and again in 2016 and 2017) he was named in the Top 25 Accounting Technology Thought Leader list compiled by USA CPA Practice Advisor, becoming the first Australian to be included in this prestigious list. In the past 12 months he has invested more than 60 days attending and presenting at many of the major Accounting Technology events in the USA and Australia. This experience has enabled him to attain unique insights into where technology is heading and the impact it will have on the Accounting Profession and you.
Clayton speaks from experience; starting out his professional life at PwC (Melbourne) followed by time in Industry before moving to Northern NSW where he established QA Business (a specialist IT consultancy division within an Accounting group). Now independently operated, QA Business helped thousands of SMB's and their ABC's (Accountants / Bookkeepers / Consultants) in the use of Accounting & Business Technology solutions. The QA Business mission is to help small business and their advisors build stronger, more efficient businesses by implementing technology solutions that not only drive efficiency but also enable business owners and operators to buy back time from their business.
Claytons Professional Qualifications Include:
- Bachelor of Business (Accounting) Monash University
- Fellow - Institute of Public Accountants (FIPA)
- Accredited Software Consultant with Various Software Vendors
- Fellow - Association of Accounting Technicians (AAT)
- Top 25 Thought Leader in Accounting Technology (USA CPA Practice Advisor)
You will be provided with:
• PowerPoint presentation slide deck
• Supporting documentation
• Webinar Recording to view multiple times for up to 6 months
• An opportunity to ask the presenter questions