Retirement Villages and Land Lease Communities
From carefree to care community and everything in between
Stream this recording multiple times at your convenience.
- $200.00 incl. GST
- PD hours: 1.25
Retirement Villages/Land Lease Communities and Home Care Packages:
Retirement communities, just like the people who live there, come in all different shapes and sizes and offer a range of different lifestyles – for the fit, active retiree to those who are seeking an alternative to residential aged care, and everything in between.
This webinar will use real life examples of different retirement communities, to highlight the legal considerations and the financial impacts. We will examine the costs across the transaction from upfront purchase costs to ongoing charges to exit fees, sharing in capital gains/loss and reinstatement expenses. We will also look at the impact of different arrangements on pension entitlement, eligibility for rent assistance and the ability to afford aged care in the future.
Webinar Learning Outcomes:
• Identify the key differences between a retirement village and land lease community.
• Explain the costs associated with: moving to, living in and leaving a retirement village or land lease community
• Identify the impact on pension entitlement, rent assistance and the ability to afford aged care in the future.
• Understand the options available for receiving care in the community including means testing arrangements
Professionals who wish to examine Retirement Villages and Land Lease Communities from a wholistic point of view: legal, financial and care.
Rachel Lane is the Principal of Aged Care Gurus, where she oversees the delivery of quality education together with technical and marketing support to professionals dedicated to providing quality advice to senior Australians. Rachel has been working in financial services for almost 20 years and specialising in retirement living and aged care for more than a decade. Consulted by key industry, government and media professionals for expert comments and advice, she is regular contributor of articles in both industry and consumer media. Rachel holds a Masters in Financial Planning and has co-authored a number of books, including the very popular consumer publication “Aged Care, Who Cares?” and industry text “Retirement Living and Aged Care in Australia”.
You will be provided with:
• PowerPoint presentation slide deck
• Any Supporting documentation
• Webinar Recording to view multiple times for up to 6 months
• An opportunity to ask questions to the presenter
|NDIS and Residential Aged Care||Webinar Recording|
|Ethics 1: An Introduction to the Code of Ethics||Webinar Recording|
|The Company Secretary in 2016: Duties and Obligations||Webinar Recording|
|Influencing clients to take action||Webinar Recording|