Aged Care Advice
Exploring the accommodation and care options available to Senior Australians
Stream this recording multiple times at your convenience.
- $180.00 incl. GST
- PD hours: 1
This introductory webinar is designed to provide Legal and Financial professionals with an overview of the range of accommodation and care options available to senior Australians.
In this webinar participants will gain an understanding of:
1. The market dynamics within retirement living and aged care
2. The legal and financial arrangements common to retirement villages, land lease communities and residential aged care facilities
3. Key considerations of Granny Flat and Life Interest agreements
4. The cost, including means testing arrangements for Home Care Packages and Residential Aged Care.
5. Challenges and opportunties facing the industry
Attendees will gain an understanding of the various decisions and assessments that people will need to undertake as they enter into this highly emotional and very financially challenging journey.
Webinar Learning Outcomes:
This webinar will provide foundation learning about the scope of accommodation and care options available to senior Australians.
Attendees will develop an understanding of the legal, financial and cost considerations of:
• Retirement villages and Land Lease communities
• Granny Flats
• Home Care Packages
• Residential aged care facilities.
Professionals who wish to examine the range of accommodation and care options available to Senior Australians from a wholistic point of view: legal, financial and care.
Rachel Lane is the Principal of Aged Care Gurus, where she oversees the delivery of quality education together with technical and marketing support to professionals dedicated to providing quality advice to senior Australians. Rachel has been working in financial services for almost 20 years and specialising in retirement living and aged care for more than a decade. Consulted by key industry, government and media professionals for expert comments and advice, she is regular contributor of articles in both industry and consumer media. Rachel holds a Masters in Financial Planning and has co-authored a number of books, including the very popular consumer publication “Aged Care, Who Cares?” and industry text “Retirement Living and Aged Care in Australia”.
You will be provided with:
• PowerPoint presentation slide deck
• Any Supporting documentation
• Webinar Recording to view multiple times for up to 6 months
• An opportunity to ask questions to the presenter