Not for Profits: FBT and Salary Packaging
The FBT law contains special rules for thousands of NFP organisations, allowing for Salary Packaging to be hugely advantageous for employees.
Stream this recording multiple times at your convenience.
- $220.00 incl. GST
- PD hours: 1.5
In this webinar you will find out all you need to know about FBT and Salary Packaging for Not for Profit organisations.
We will cover the different employer types and the FBT treatments applying to each. Worked examples will demonstrate the way Salary Packaging works and the savings available for employees.
Importantly, this webinar will provide a detailed understanding of the Fringe Benefits Tax rules and policy requirements to ensure compliance and a successful Salary Packaging program.
Throughout the webinar we will highlight the common mistakes and dispel the many myths that exist in relation to FBT and Salary Packaging for Not for Profit organisations.
Webinar Learning Outcomes:
• The FBT treatment of each employer type
• The Reportable Fringe Benefits requirements
• Salary Packaging for Non-Profit organisations and managing the caps
• The new rules in relation to salary packaging entertainment
• Salary packaging to maximise savings
• The key FBT exemptions creating salary packaging opportunities
• Developing policies and a salary packaging framework
This is a must attend workshop for those working in or advising the Not for Profit sector in relation to FBT and Salary Packaging. This workshop will be of particular value to those who have ongoing involvement in:
• the preparation, review and management of FBT returns, FBT record-keeping, FBT reporting and accounting;
• the administration and management of payroll;
• salary packaging arrangements;
• the provision and allocation of fringe benefits; and
• fleet managers
Paul Mather is the Founder of FBT, Payroll & Salary Packaging Solutions, providing advisory and compliance services to a broad range of corporates, non-profits and Government organisations. Paul has over 25 years' experience specializing in FBT and employment taxes, and he is a current member of the ATO’s Small Business Liaison Group. Paul was a member of the former Australian Taxation Office National Tax Liaison Group (NTLG) Fringe Benefits Tax Subcommittee from 2005 to 2013.
You will be provided with:
• PowerPoint presentation slide deck
• Any Supporting documentation
• Webinar Recording to view multiple times for up to 6 months
• An opportunity to ask questions to the presenter