Charities, NFPs and the Internet
Managing risks online, for Charities and Not-For-Profits
Stream this recording multiple times at your convenience.
- $180.00 incl. GST
- PD hours: 1
With the click of a mouse a tweet is published, a marketing campaign is kicked off, or an email is sent. But are you aware of the risks that might flow from that little click?
It's easy to treat the internet as some other, less substantial place but the legal risks online are much the same as they are in "real life".
James d'Apice from Makinson d'Apice Lawyers will be joining us to discuss these risks with a particular focus on how they apply to charities and other entities in the not-for-profit sector.
This session will include discussions of:
1. Social media
2. Copyright, trade mark, and privacy
3. Media law
4. Worked examples or "war stories"
5. Practical suggestions for future behaviour
Webinar Learning Outcomes:
1. A basic, working understanding of the law as it relates to entities' behaviour online
2. An appreciation of what risks arise and how to identify them
3. A practical insight into how other entities have engaged in risky behavior
4. A suite of practical tips to consider when dealing with NFPs online
All financial advisers, strategists, advisors, and executives who want to understand the risks they and their clients face when engaging with the internet.
While the session will be useful to any entity doing business online, this session will be particularly relevant to the charities and NFP sector.
James d'Apice was admitted to practice in 2008, and joined Makinson d'Apice Lawyers in 2014.
James has experience advising private clients, trustees, statutory corporations, unincorporated associations, proprietary companies and small and medium sized businesses.
You will be provided with:
• PowerPoint presentation slide deck
• Supporting documentation
• Webinar Recording to view multiple times for up to 6 months
• An opportunity to ask questions to the presenter