The Financially Disadvantaged and access to Aged Care
What Government supports are available to those who are low means or financially disadvantaged when accessing aged care services?
Stream this recording multiple times at your convenience.
- $180.00 incl. GST
- PD hours: 1
In this webinar we will discuss the Governments support for people who are financially disadvantaged. The Australian Government provides a safety net to people who are financial disadvantaged or experiencing financial hardship to ensure they can access aged care services.
We will examine the following:
1. Means testing arrangement for home care packages.
2. Means testing arrangement for residential aged care.
3. How to calculate the amount someone will be asked to pay for their accommodation or/& care.
4. Eligibility criterial for accessing financial hardship support.
5. The impact of funding on operators and care providers.
6. What happens if a persons circumstances change.
Attendees will gain an understanding of the aged care system and how it supports the financially disadvantaged and those experiencing financial hardship.
Webinar Learning Outcomes:
Identify and discuss the financial support for the financially disadvantaged.
In particular attendees will be able to understand and calculate the following:
1. The means testing arrangement for people accessing care.
2. Cost of accommodation and care.
3. Understand when a person is eligible to access financial hardship support.
4. Understand how operators receive Government Funding.
5. Identify issues when circumstances change.
Financial Planners, Para Planners, Accountants and Lawyers.
Rachel Lane is the Principal of Aged Care Gurus, where she oversees the delivery of quality education together with technical and marketing support to professionals dedicated to providing quality advice to senior Australians. Rachel has been working in financial services for almost 20 years and specialising in retirement living and aged care for more than a decade. Consulted by key industry, government and media professionals for expert comments and advice, she is regular contributor of articles in both industry and consumer media. Rachel holds a Masters in Financial Planning and has co-authored a number of books, including the very popular consumer publication “Aged Care, Who Cares?” and industry text “Retirement Living and Aged Care in Australia”.
You will be provided with:
• PowerPoint presentation slide deck
• Any Supporting documentation
• Webinar Recording to view multiple times for up to 6 months
• An opportunity to ask questions to the presenter