Year End Tax Planning – 2018
A broad approach to tax planning, dealing not only with current year income and deductions, but also broader issues which add true value to your clients.
May 31Thu 1:00 PM AEST - Thu 2:15 PM AEST Online
- $200.00 incl. GST
- PD hours: 1.25
Tax planning is often undertaken in the lead up to 30 June each year. This webinar will attempt to push tax planning into a broader conversation about client’s affairs.
Tax is inextricably linked with other areas of business activity and cannot be viewed in isolation. This webinar will address the traditional tax planning process before expanding into broader areas which can be improved by focusing on specific area of risk, tax structuring, governance and documentation.
The webinar is practical and will provide specific examples to guide listeners through the material.
Webinar Learning Outcomes:
There are two specific areas of which will be covered. General year end income and deductions review and the broader conversation.
Year End Process
- Maximising current year deductions
- Legitimate deferral of income
- Optimising the Trust distribution process
- Deferring and planning tax payments
- Income splitting opportunities
- Adding genuine value to the client through tax conversations
- Tax is not everything & Don’t be too clever for yourself
- Thinking longer term
- Tax risk reduction
- Structuring considerations for the above
- Documenting the process / Improving tax governance
- Bringing the client along for the ride
Accounting and taxation advisors of all levels.
Shannon Rowe is a Partner in Business Services for BDO. He is a Chartered Tax Adviser and has experience in providing business and taxation advice to clients in a range of industries and sizes. Shannon provides ongoing support and advice in areas such as tax planning and structuring, national and state taxes, international taxation matters and payroll topics, including superannuation and payroll tax.
You will be provided with:
• PowerPoint presentation slide deck
• Supporting documentation
• Webinar Recording to view multiple times for up to 6 months
• An opportunity to ask questions to the presenter
|How to Manage an ATO Audit||Webinar Recording|
|Mining & Resources – Construction to Divestment||Webinar Recording|
|Sale of Business - Part 2||Webinar Recording|
|Single Touch Payroll and a Focus on Vulnerable Workers Act||Webinar Recording|