FBT 2018: New Zealand FBT Essentials Update
Helping you to launch your 2018 NZ FBT Season!
Stream this recording multiple times at your convenience.
- $220.00 incl. GST
- PD hours: 1.5
Our 2018 New Zealand FBT Update Essentials webinar will provide you with the springboard to launch your 2018 FBT return work. This webinar is ideally suited for NZ FBT preparers based in Australia.
Attendees will be given an understanding of the key areas when preparing or reviewing the 2018 FBT return, including:
Motor vehicles and FBT:
1. When you need to pay FBT on motor vehicles
2. When motor vehicles are exempt from FBT
3. Working out the taxable value of a motor vehicle
4. Record keeping for motor vehicles
Managing FBT on free, subsidised or discounted goods, services or transport provided to employees:
- When you need to pay FBT on free, subsidised or discounted goods and services
- Exemptions for free, subsidised or discounted goods and services
- Working out the taxable value of free, subsidised or discounted goods
- Record keeping for free, subsidised or discounted goods and services
In addition we will cover:
- Interest free and low-interest loans;
- Managing FBT on your employer contributions to funds, insurance and superannuation schemes;
- Attributed v non-attributed benefits;
- Choosing the correct FBT rate;
- Entertainment benefits and their tax implications;
- The interaction between GST and FBT; and
- The latest IRD areas of compliance review and FBT audits.
Webinar Learning Outcomes:
Understand the key areas when preparing or reviewing the 2018 FBT return. This webinar will highlight the common mistakes, both technical and process, and dispel the many myths.
Including an understanding of:
- The latest changes to the FBT law and recent IRD announcements;
- An understanding of how to prepare the 2018 New Zealand FBT Return form and documentation requirements;
- The key benefit areas and choice of valuation methods
- Claiming exemptions and concessions;
- The common mistakes and misunderstandings;
- Inland Revenue Department compliance activity and areas of focus; and
- Client war stories including the financial impact
People who have responsibility for New Zealand FBT management including those with responsibility for preparing or reviewing the 2018 New Zealand FBT return, benefit structuring and policy, in practice or internal roles, whether experienced, new to FBT or requiring a refresher, including:
- Tax agents and tax advisors
- Accountants in Public Practice
- Tax Accountants
- Tax Managers
- HR Personnel
- Finance Managers
- Financial Accountants
- Management Accountants
Paul Mather is the founder of FBT Solutions. Paul has over 25 years’ experience in FBT, Payroll and Salary Packaging in Australia & New Zealand helping businesses across all industry sectors meet their ongoing Employment Taxes, Payroll and Indirect Taxes obligations. In particular, Paul has significant hands on experience with Preparation, Review and ATO lodgment of Australian and New Zealand FBT returns. Prior to starting his own practice, Paul worked as an Employment Taxes Director at Ernst & Young in Sydney, and in New Zealand with BDO and PKF.
Paul is a Registered Tax Agent, a Chartered Tax Adviser and a Chartered Accountant. Paul holds a Bachelor of Business Studies from Massey University in New Zealand and a Master of Taxation from Sydney University. Paul is a member of the ATO’s Small Business Stewardship Group and was a member of the former ATO NTLG FBT-subcommittee Group from 2005 to 2013.
You will be provided with:
• PowerPoint presentation slide deck
• Any Supporting documentation
• Webinar Recording to view multiple times for up to 6 months
• An opportunity to ask questions to the presenter