FBT 2018: Relocations, Mobility and Living Away From Home (LAFH)
Understanding the FBT implications for mobile employees.
Stream this recording multiple times at your convenience.
- $220.00 incl. GST
- PD hours: 1.5
FBT Reporting requires an understanding of employee mobility & relocations and an analysis of the associated employee costs to determine the FBT implications.
The FBT law contains many FBT exemptions and concessions that apply to Relocations, Mobility and Living Away From Home. These reduce or eliminate the FBT liability but only if the rules are followed.
Understanding the 2018 FBT reporting requirements is critical from a compliance perspective, including how to assist attendees in understanding how and when the many FBT Exemptions and Concessions operate and apply.
Providing practical knowledge to assist in managing and understanding the FBT Exemptions and Concessions, including;
- What are the FBT implications for Relocations, Mobility and Living Away From Home
- What are the FBT Exemptions and Concessions
- Understanding the requirements for each FBT Exemption and Concession
- How to incorporate these in to Best Practice and written Policies
- Practical examples
Webinar Learning Outcomes:
An understanding of the following:
- The FBT implications of various Relocation, Mobility and LAFH scenarios
- The FBT valuation rules
- The FBT Exemptions and Concessions that may apply and the rules/requirements for each
- How to report these benefits in the 2018 FBT return
- The reportable fringe benefits implications
In addition, this webinar will illustrate best practice and how to structure arrangements to maximise exemptions and minimize the FBT liability.
All business types and sizes, FBT taxable, FBT exempt, and FBT rebatable employers, including:
- Tax agents and tax advisors
- Accountants in Public Practice
- HR Personnel (from officers to General HR Managers)
- Financial Accountants
- Tax Accountants
- Payroll Accountants
- Payroll Managers and their teams
- Finance Managers
- Tax Managers
- Salary Packaging Managers
Paul Mather is the founder of FBT Solutions. Paul has over 25 years’ experience in FBT, Payroll and Salary Packaging in Australia & New Zealand helping businesses across all industry sectors meet their ongoing Employment Taxes, Payroll and Indirect Taxes obligations. In particular, Paul has significant hands on experience with Preparation, Review and ATO lodgment of Australian and New Zealand FBT returns.
Prior to starting his own practice, Paul worked as an Employment Taxes Director at Ernst & Young in Sydney, and in New Zealand with BDO and PKF.
Paul is a Registered Tax Agent, a Chartered Tax Adviser and a Chartered Accountant. Paul holds a Bachelor of Business Studies from Massey University in New Zealand and a Master of Taxation from Sydney University. Paul is a member of the ATO’s Small Business Stewardship Group and was a member of the former ATO NTLG FBT-subcommittee Group from 2005 to 2013.
You will be provided with:
• PowerPoint presentation slide deck
• Any Supporting documentation
• Webinar Recording to view multiple times for up to 6 months
• An opportunity to ask questions to the presenter
|Capital Gains Tax Small Business Relief (2 of 2)||Webinar Recording|
|Asset Protection & Estate Planning – Part 1 of 2||Webinar Recording|
|How to Manage an ATO Audit||Webinar Recording|
|Death and Taxes||Webinar Recording|