FBT 2018: Salary Packaging Essentials Update
How to create a “win win” situation for Employers and their Employees.
Apr 11Wed 1:00 PM AEST - Wed 2:30 PM AEST Online
- $220.00 incl. GST
- PD hours: 1.5
Salary Packaging provides a key solution to offering flexible remuneration to your employees, by providing Employee’s with a pay increase at no additional cost to the Employer. For FBT exempt and rebateable employers Salary Packaging remains a key policy component of remuneration.
The application of the FBT rules will be explained in detail. Key benefits covered in this webinar include Cars, Car Parking, Relocation, LAFH benefits, Remote Area benefits and other Exempt Benefits.
Webinar Learning Outcomes:
By attending the webinar, attendees will be provided with an understanding of salary packaging cars and a variety of other benefits. Guidance will be provided on what can and cannot be packaged, and the various valuation and structuring methods available.
• The webinar assists attendees in understanding the concept of salary packaging and how to maximise the benefits of salary sacrificing for employers and employees.
• Providing practical knowledge to assist in managing and understanding the salary packaging of cars and other benefits
• The webinar covers the following:
• Understand the concept of salary packaging
• Determine the requirements for an effective salary sacrifice arrangement
• How to salary package
• Calculation examples showing the effect on after tax income for various income levels
• Comparison of Pre-tax FBT method and Post-tax contribution method for Cars and Car Parking
• Comparison of Statutory formula method and Logbook method for Cars and Car Parking
• Salary packaging arrangements for different employer types
• Understand the key challenges
• Salary Packaging of:
• Car Parking
• Relocation & LAFH benefits
• Remote Area benefits
• Portable Electronic Devices including Laptops / Tablets
• Airline Lounge Memberships
• School Fees (Expatriates)
• Mortgage, Rent, Credit Cards
This webinar is designed for all business types and sizes, FBT taxable, FBT exempt, and FBT rebatable employers. Attendance at this webinar is suitable for those involved in FBT Reporting, Payment Summary Reporting, management of Salary Packaging from both an operational and policy perspective, including:
- Tax agents and tax advisors
- Accountants in Public Practice
- HR Personnel (from officers to General HR Managers)
- Tax Accountants
- Tax Managers
- Payroll Accountants
- Payroll Managers and their teams
- Finance Managers
- Fleet Managers
- Salary Packaging Managers
Paul Mather is the founder of FBT Solutions. Paul has over 25 years’ experience in FBT, Payroll and Salary Packaging in Australia & New Zealand helping businesses across all industry sectors meet their ongoing Employment Taxes, Payroll and Indirect Taxes obligations. In particular, Paul has significant hands on experience with Preparation, Review and ATO lodgment of Australian and New Zealand FBT returns. Prior to starting his own practice, Paul worked as an Employment Taxes Director at Ernst & Young in Sydney, and in New Zealand with BDO and PKF.
Paul is a Registered Tax Agent, a Chartered Tax Adviser and a Chartered Accountant. Paul holds a Bachelor of Business Studies from Massey University in New Zealand and a Master of Taxation from Sydney University. Paul is a member of the ATO’s Small Business Stewardship Group and was a member of the former ATO NTLG FBT-subcommittee Group from 2005 to 2013.
You will be provided with:
• PowerPoint presentation slide deck
• Any Supporting documentation
• Webinar Recording to view multiple times for up to 6 months
• An opportunity to ask questions to the presenter
|How to Manage an ATO Audit||Webinar Recordings|
|Tax and the Family Home||18 Apr|
|FBT 2017: Exemptions and Concessions||Webinar Recordings|
|Employee Share Schemes - Where Are We Now? 19.05.2016||Webinar Recordings|