FBT 2018: Return Update Essentials
Helping you to launch your 2018 FBT Season!
Stream this recording multiple times at your convenience.
- $220.00 incl. GST
- PD hours: 1.5
This webinar will provide you with the springboard to launch your 2018 FBT return work.
With a number of recent key changes announced, this is a must attend webinar.
Attendees will be given an understanding of the key areas when preparing or reviewing the 2018 FBT return and Payment Summary reporting.
Particular focus areas include Entertainment, Employee Expenses, Cars, Car Parking, Relocation and other common benefits.
Paul will highlight the common mistakes, both technical and process, and dispel the many myths.
Webinar Learning Outcomes:
A comprehensive update on the FBT changes for 2018 including:
• Changes to the FBT rate, gross up rates and capping thresholds
• The new rules in relation to employee travel expenses
• Introduction of new safe harbour rules for claiming exemption on tool of trade and work-related vehicles
• New safe harbour rules and capping for minor benefits
• The latest on FBT and car parking
• The FBT treatment for taxi expenses and Uber
• Discussion of new ATO audit strategies and compliance activities.
An understanding of how to prepare the 2018 Australian FBT Return form and documentation requirements.
• The key benefit areas and valuation methods including:
o Car Parking
o Employee expenses
o Relocations, mobility, LAFHA, expatriates and remote area
• Claiming exemptions and concessions
• The common mistakes and misunderstandings
• Client war stories including the financial impact and impact on employees
Those in practice or internal roles, from beginners to advanced. This session is a must attend for those responsible for preparing or reviewing the 2018 Australian FBT return, Payment Summary reporting, whether experienced, new to FBT or requiring a refresher, working in Practice, Commerce or Government sectors, including:
- Tax agents and tax advisors
- Accountants in Public Practice
- Tax Accountants
- Tax Managers
- HR Personnel (from officers to General HR Managers)
- Payroll accountants
- Payroll managers
- Finance Managers
- Financial Accountants
- Management Accountants
- Accounts Payable teams
Paul Mather is the founder of FBT Solutions. Paul has over 25 years’ experience in FBT, Payroll and Salary Packaging in Australia & New Zealand helping businesses across all industry sectors meet their ongoing Employment Taxes, Payroll and Indirect Taxes obligations. In particular, Paul has significant hands on experience with Preparation, Review and ATO lodgment of Australian and New Zealand FBT returns.
Prior to starting his own practice, Paul worked as an Employment Taxes Director at Ernst & Young in Sydney, and in New Zealand with BDO and PKF. Paul is a Registered Tax Agent, a Chartered Tax Adviser and a Chartered Accountant. Paul holds a Bachelor of Business Studies from Massey University in New Zealand and a Master of Taxation from Sydney University. Paul is a member of the ATO’s Small Business Stewardship Group and was a member of the former ATO NTLG FBT-subcommittee Group from 2005 to 2013.
You will be provided with:
• PowerPoint presentation slide deck
• Any Supporting documentation
• Webinar Recording to view multiple times for up to 6 months
• An opportunity to ask questions to the presenter
|Surprises and shocks when applying Division 152||Webinar Recording|
|Commercial Debt Forgiveness & Debt: Equity||Webinar Recording|
|Tax and the Sharing Economy: Uber, Airbnb and others||Webinar Recording|
|Dealing with the ATO||Webinar Recording|