FBT 2018: FBT Reporting for Cars & Car Parking
A detailed analysis of the FBT rules as they apply to motor vehicles and car parking, including alternate valuation methodologies.
Stream this recording multiple times at your convenience.
- $220.00 incl. GST
- PD hours: 1
In this webinar we will focus on 2018 FBT Return reporting and employee payment summary reporting for motor vehicles and car parking including ways to reduce an employer’s FBT cost.
We will cover the current areas of ATO concern and consultation including safe harbor rules for logbook, pooled cars and claiming exemption. As well as discuss the revised ATO technical positions on car parking definitions of commercial parking station and valuation rules.
Attendees will be given an understanding of the key areas to focus on for FBT reporting, fleet planning strategies and policy implementation.
This webinar will highlight the common errors and dispel the many myths.
Webinar Learning Outcomes:
1. A clear understanding of the FBT reporting requirements for 2018 FBT reporting and payment summary disclosure
2. A clear understanding of the current motor vehicle FBT rules as they apply to cars, pooled vehicles, utility vehicles and tool of trade vehicles
3. An analysis of the statutory formula method and operating cost method
4. An explanation of the requirements for a valid logbook
5. An explanation of the requirements for claiming exemption for under 1 tonne and over 1 tonne vehicles
6. Valuation of non-exempt motor vehicles on a cents per km basis
7. Strategies for minimizing or eliminating an employer’s FBT cost.
8. Analysis of the current areas of ATO audit focus
9. Analysis of current ATO consultation areas including safe harbor rules for logbook, pooled cars and claiming exemption
10. An analysis of the statutory formula method and operating cost method
11. An explanation of the requirements for a valid logbook
12. Strategies for minimizing or eliminating an employer’s FBT cost.
13. Analysis of the current areas of ATO audit focus
Those in practice or corporate roles, from beginners to advanced. Anyone involved in FBT reporting or managing fleet / car & car parking benefits, or those tasked with managing motor vehicles & employee parking from an operational or policy perspective. including:
- Tax agents and tax advisors
- Accountants in Public Practice
- Tax Accountants
- HR Personnel (from officers to General HR Managers)
- Payroll Accountants
- Payroll Managers and their teams
- Finance Managers
- Financial Accountants
- Management Accountants
- Tax Managers
- Fleet Managers
- Salary Packaging Managers
Paul Mather is the founder of FBT Solutions. Paul has over 25 years’ experience in FBT, Payroll and Salary Packaging in Australia & New Zealand helping businesses across all industry sectors meet their ongoing Employment Taxes, Payroll and Indirect Taxes obligations. In particular, Paul has significant hands on experience with Preparation, Review and ATO lodgment of Australian and New Zealand FBT returns.
Prior to starting his own practice, Paul worked as an Employment Taxes Director at Ernst & Young in Sydney, and in New Zealand with BDO and PKF. Paul is a Registered Tax Agent, a Chartered Tax Adviser and a Chartered Accountant. Paul holds a Bachelor of Business Studies from Massey University in New Zealand and a Master of Taxation from Sydney University. Paul is a member of the ATO’s Small Business Stewardship Group and was a member of the former ATO NTLG FBT-subcommittee Group from 2005 to 2013.
You will be provided with:
• PowerPoint presentation slide deck
• Any Supporting documentation
• Webinar Recording to view multiple times for up to 6 months
• An opportunity to ask questions to the presenter
|Sale of Business - Part 2||Webinar Recording|
|Trusts (1 of 3) – Creation, Operation, Vesting & Taxation||Webinar Recording|
|The Research & Development (R & D) Tax Incentive||Webinar Recording|
|Division 7A (2 of 2)||Webinar Recording|