Cyber Security Essentials
Be cyber aware, learn how to protect yourself and your business in a connected world.
Stream this recording multiple times at your convenience.
- $180.00 incl. GST
- PD hours: 1
Cybersecurity is fast becoming the single most important business concern for Australian Enterprises. From mandatory Data Breach Reporting through to ASIC cybersecurity recommendations to board members, the scope of activities spans from the shop floor all the way to the board.
The impact of a cyber-attack can be crippling and it is vital that owners of small and medium enterprises as well as their advisors become familiar with the fundamentals to raise awareness and proactively manage risk.
Cybersecurity is not the simple purchase and application of technologies; it is the identification and implementation of a coordinated approach to improving cybersecurity practices with people, processes and technology.
This webinar will introduce the regulatory, technical and behavioural challenges to creating a business-oriented cybersecurity environment. It will cover the frameworks that can assist in improving cybersecurity and also highlight some common missteps that can prove discouraging.
The webinar will start at a high level and move to some practical case studies and examples of “how not to” approach cybersecurity.
Webinar Learning Outcomes:
At the conclusion of this webinar you will have an improved understanding of:
- The evolving regulatory requirements for cybersecurity in Australia;
- the scope of cybersecurity in business;
- “how not to” approach implementing cybersecurity; and
- The interplay between people, processes and technology.
- Professionals and advisors
- Board Members
- Executive Management Committee
- Senior Management Team
- CIO/CISO/CFO/Risk Managers
The webinar is not industry-specific; cybersecurity is not picky, and attacks and breaches occur across all organisations, no matter the business or size of organisation. The presentation will be aimed at decision-makers and advisors and ‘technical’ language and jargon will be kept to a minimum.
Milton Baar is a Adjunct Lecturer for Optus Macquarie University Cyber Security Hub. Prior to academic life, Milton led an Information Security Consulting practice that operated for over 20 years. Prior to that, he created and managed similar practices for Ernst & Young and PriceWaterhouse.
- Since 2005, for the Department of Computing at Macquarie University in Sydney, he has taught postgraduate students information security, network security and operating systems security.
- For the Centre for Policing, Intelligence and Counter Terrorism, he lectured in Cybercrime, Cyber Terrorism, Computer Forensics and Information Warfare.
- At the University of Canterbury in Christchurch New Zealand, he taught postgraduate courses in Computer and Network Forensics and Information Security Management.
- For La Trobe University in Melbourne, he taught postgraduate courses in Computer Forensics which was delivered as an online intensive course over six weeks.
Milton has or has held high level security clearances from:
- US Department of Defense;
- Australian Defence Department;
- Australian Defence Signals Directorate (equivalent of US NSA or UK GCHQ);
- Australian Federal Police; and
- NSW Police.
You will be provided with:
- PowerPoint Presentation slide deck
- Any Supporting Documentation
- Webinar Recording to view multiple times for up to 6 months
- An opportunity to ask questions to the presenter