The End of the Road for Operating Leases under AASB 16
The accounting for lease and rental agreements is changing. Are you ready?
Stream this recording multiple times at your convenience.
- $180.00 incl. GST
- PD hours: 1
Every company uses rental or leasing arrangements, and many of these are accounted for as operating leases. From 2019, the new accounting requirements of AASB 16 Leases will eliminate nearly all ‘off-balance sheet’ accounting for lessees. The end of the road for operating lease accounting will redefine the balance sheet of most organisations, affecting various metrics from gearing ratios to EBITDA, and will most likely require a change to the entity’s systems and processes to deal with these changes.
This webinar will provide a high level overview of the requirements of AASB 16, and by using case studies and detailed worked examples, we will demonstrate:
• The changes that a lessee should expect to see in their financial reports under the new standard,
• The information that will need to be gathered and judgements that will need to be made before the new standard can be applied, and
• The expectations that will need to be managed with key stakeholders when transitioning to the new standard.
Webinar Learning Outcomes:
• Explain the new lease accounting model, and
• Describe the financial, operational and business impacts of the new standard and the wider impact on various industries.
• All organisations with lease and rental agreements,
• Consultants and tax practitioners that provide advice on asset procurement and leasing strategies, and
• Preparers and auditors of financial reports.
Aletta Boshoff is a Partner & National Leader, for IFRS Advisory at BDO Australia. She has over 25 years’ experience in financial reporting and accounting, including IFRS. Aletta prides herself on her technical excellence, approachability, and the ability to solve problems practically. Aletta loves accounting and accounting standards, but she is also of the view that it's only when you try and apply that knowledge that you are really challenged and that it is only then that you fully appreciate the nuances of IFRS. In particular, Aletta takes great pride in her ability to apply a wealth of technical expertise to real-world business situations. She works hard to ensure she is working with her clients, involving them at every step of the journey. She helps them to understand how she came to a recommendation, so that they can test any assumptions she has made and together they can come to the best IFRS solution possible.
You will be provided with:
• PowerPoint presentation slide deck
• Supporting documentation
• Webinar Recording to view multiple times for up to 6 months
• An opportunity to ask questions to the presenter
|Culture & Fraud - Prevention, Detection & Response Strategies||Webinar Recording|
|Revenue Recognition under the new AASB 15||03 May|
|New Categories of Financial Assets under the new AASB 9||17 May|