An Introduction to Residential Aged Care and the Cost of Care
Should we be worried about the increasing costs for residents in residential aged care?
Jun 26Tue 1:00 PM AEST - Tue 2:00 PM AEST Online
- $180.00 incl. GST
- PD hours: 1
As people get older, it can become necessary to move into a residential aged care facility. These provide communal accommodation with varying degrees of care. The Commonwealth Government subsidies a range of aged care services, including residential aged care facilities. This webinar will provide an overview of the costs associated with entering into an aged care facility. The key drivers and stakeholders in this complex industry.
This webinar is for any professional wanting to gain an insight into the key elements of the costs associated with Residential Aged Care and the impact of recent legislation on an individual’s assets.
Webinar Learning Outcomes:
• Identify and discuss the key drivers of the Aged Care industry
• Identify the different accommodation choices for residents.
• Understand the residential aged care fees and charges.
• Evaluate and consider the legal, financial, assess and affordability of a variety of residential care options.
Financial Planners, Para Planners, Accountants, Lawyers.
Jemma Briscoe is the Head of Research and Technical Advice for Aged Care Gurus. She has been working in consulting and research for the past 13 years. Together with Rachel Lane (Principle of Aged Care Gurus) their business is about delivering quality advice and education to professionals about retirement living and residential aged care. She holds a Masters of Applied Finance and is a sessional lecturer at UTS.
You will be provided with:
• PowerPoint presentation slide deck
• Supporting documentation
• Webinar Recording to view multiple times for up to 6 months
• An opportunity to ask questions to the presenter
|ASIC - The Corporate Regulator||Webinar Recording|
|From Compliance to Reliance||Webinar Recording|
|Raising Funds - Debt vs Equity Finance. What are the legal implications?||Webinar Recording|
|Trade Mark War Stories||Webinar Recording|