New Categories of Financial Assets under the new AASB 9
Understanding the impact of new classifications and requirements
Stream this recording multiple times at your convenience.
- $180.00 incl. GST
- PD hours: 1
AASB 9 makes revisions to the boundary between amortised cost and fair value measurement which will change the profile of balance sheets and whether changes in fair value are recognised in profit or loss or other comprehensive income.
This webinar will provide a high level overview of the new requirements of AASB 9 in relation to the categories of financial assets, and by using case studies and detailed worked examples, we will demonstrate:
• The complexity of classification and measurement of financial assets
• Restrictions on types of financial assets that can be recorded at amortised cost
• Impacts of the new requirements to record more assets at fair value
• Removal of the cost exemption for investments in shares
Webinar Learning Outcomes:
• Explain the categories of financial assets and liabilities, and
• Explain the journal entries to process the recognition and measurement of financial assets and liabilities.
• All organisations who have financial instruments, i.e. receivables, payables, investments in shares, cash and cash equivalents, investments in government or corporate bonds
• Consultants and tax practitioners that provide advice on asset procurement and leasing strategies, and
• Preparers and auditors of financial reports.
Aletta Boshoff is a Partner & National Leader, for IFRS Advisory at BDO Australia. She has over 25 years’ experience in financial reporting and accounting, including IFRS. Aletta prides herself on her technical excellence, approachability, and the ability to solve problems practically. Aletta loves accounting and accounting standards, but she is also of the view that it's only when you try and apply that knowledge that you are really challenged and that it is only then that you fully appreciate the nuances of IFRS.
In particular, Aletta takes great pride in her ability to apply a wealth of technical expertise to real-world business situations. She works hard to ensure she is working with her clients, involving them at every step of the journey. She helps them to understand how she came to a recommendation, so that they can test any assumptions she has made and together they can come to the best IFRS solution possible.
You will be provided with:
• PowerPoint presentation slide deck
• Supporting documentation
• Webinar Recording to view multiple times for up to 6 months
• An opportunity to ask questions to the presenter
|The End of the Road for Operating Leases under AASB 16||Webinar Recording|
|Exploring Tax Effect Accounting (1 of 2)||Webinar Recording|
|Exploring Tax Effect Accounting (2 of 2)||18 Oct|
|Revenue Recognition under the new AASB 15||Webinar Recording|