Taxing Cryptocurrency – Navigating a Brave New World
Getting up to speed with the rapidly evolving regulation surrounding cryptocurrencies such as Bitcoin
Stream this recording multiple times at your convenience.
- $180.00 incl. GST
- PD hours: 1
This webinar will discuss the key tax issues relating to cryptocurrency, and will use examples to illustrate the practical impacts of the existing ATO guidance in this area.
Topics covered will include:
• Is cryptocurrency treated as a “currency”?
• How does CGT apply to cryptocurrencies?
• When can you rely on the CGT personal use asset exemption?
• When will you be treated as a trader of cryptocurrency?
• What are the tax implications of “mining” cryptocurrency?
• What sort of records do you need to keep?
• What information is available to the ATO?
Webinar Learning Outcomes:
Attendees will gain an understanding of the main tax issues relevant to cryptocurrency and the practical implications of the current ATO guidelines, to help advise their clients on what to do and what not to do.
The session will be targeted at experienced attendees from small and medium accounting firms with a solid grasp of fundamental tax concepts.
Peter Bembrick is a Tax Partner for HLB Mann Judd Sydney and has been providing tax assistance to businesses and individuals since he joined HLB Mann Judd more than 25 years ago, becoming a partner in 2004. Peter is well regarded for his broad practical understanding of domestic and international tax issues, with a focus on capital gains tax, tax effective business sales and restructures and applying small business concessions.
Peter has served on advisory committees for Chartered Accountants Australia New Zealand, has written numerous articles and provided comments for a wide range of business publications and media outlets. Peter is the current chair of the HLB Mann Judd Australasian Tax Committee, and is also very active within HLB International, assisting clients in partnership with colleagues in HLB offices all over the world.
You will be provided with:
• PowerPoint presentation slide deck
• Any Supporting documentation
• Webinar Recording to view multiple times for up to 6 months
• An opportunity to ask questions to the presenter
|Winding-up Entities||Webinar Recording|
|Tax and Relationship Breakdown: Untying the Knot||Webinar Recording|
|Tax Consolidation for SMEs||Webinar Recording|
|Imputation Fundamentals||25 Oct|