New impairment rules under AASB 9
Impairment losses will now be recognised earlier and the amount is expected to increase. Are you ready?
Jun 07Thu 10:30 AM AEST - Thu 11:30 AM AEST Online
- $180.00 incl. GST
- PD hours: 1
AASB 9 introduces a new ‘expected loss’ model for the recognition and measurement of impairment losses on financial assets. Currently, AASB 139 requires the use of an ‘incurred loss’ model.
This webinar will provide a high level overview of the new requirements of AASB 9 in relation to the recognition and measurement of impairment losses, and by using case studies and detailed worked examples, we will demonstrate the complexity of the new 3-stage model, as well as the practical implications for trade receivable, loan receivables and intercompany balances.
Webinar Learning Outcomes:
• Explain the new ‘expected loss’ model;
• Explain the 3 stages within the new ‘expected loss’ model and
• Explain the journal entries to process the recognition and measurement of the impairment losses.
• All organisations who have financial instruments, i.e. receivables, payables, investments in shares, cash and cash equivalents, investments in government or corporate bonds
• Consultants and tax practitioners that provide advice on asset procurement and leasing strategies, and
• Preparers and auditors of financial reports.
Aletta Boshoff is a Partner & National Leader, for IFRS Advisory at BDO Australia. She has over 25 years’ experience in financial reporting and accounting, including IFRS. Aletta prides herself on her technical excellence, approachability, and the ability to solve problems practically. Aletta loves accounting and accounting standards, but she is also of the view that it's only when you try and apply that knowledge that you are really challenged and that it is only then that you fully appreciate the nuances of IFRS.
In particular, Aletta takes great pride in her ability to apply a wealth of technical expertise to real-world business situations. She works hard to ensure she is working with her clients, involving them at every step of the journey. She helps them to understand how she came to a recommendation, so that they can test any assumptions she has made and together they can come to the best IFRS solution possible.
Your webinar purchase includes:
• the PowerPoint slide deck as a PDF workbook
• any supporting documentation required
• access to stream the Webinar Recording multiple times for up to 6 months
• an opportunity to participate in Q&A with the presenter.