Corporate Oppressors and the Oppressed
Minority Shareholders and Sections 232 and 233 of the Corporations Act
Stream this recording multiple times at your convenience.
- $180.00 incl. GST
- PD hours: 1
Who'd be a director or a shareholder?!
There's so much to know that it can sometimes feel like taking a role as a director or making an investment as a shareholder is more trouble than it's worth.
James d'Apice, from Makinson d'Apice Lawyers, is here to help work through the thorny issue of oppression; when a company or its directors have engaged in conduct that is commercially unfair to (at least some of) the company's shareholders.
This is an important topic for directors, managers and their advisors as they attempt to navigate their company through an increasingly complex world.
It is also an important topic for shareholders – the owners of the company. Understanding it will allow them to get the most out of their shareholding and avoid being shut out.
Please join us for a discussion with James about the risks of an oppression suit and how you and your clients might go about managing those risks.
And please don't forget to bring along a question if you have one! This area can be tricky, and in our experience a real life example can help illuminate the relevant issues.
Webinar Learning Outcomes:
• A discussion of the law of oppression, and how it operates
• A number of worked examples from recently cases the Court has considered
• Some practical suggestions for you to apply in practice
• A worked example
• Directors, and their advisors, looking to sharpen their skillset and minimise risks to their company.
• Shareholders, and their advisors, looking to prioritise returns.
• Accountants and other consultants engaged by companies.
• Lawyers looking to develop their understanding of corporate governance and corporate disputes.
James d'Apice is a commercial and litigation solicitor who advises small and medium sized businesses, professional service providers, trustees, and private clients. He was admitted to practice in 2008 and joined Makinson d'Apice Lawyers in 2014. James advises clients on areas including commercial disputes, real and intellectual property, trusts, and privacy.
You will be provided with:
• PowerPoint presentation slide deck
• Supporting documentation
• Webinar Recording to view multiple times for up to 6 months
• An opportunity to ask questions to the presenter
|Collaborative Family Law||Webinar Recording|
|Duty Bound - Responsibilities of Trustees and Directors||Webinar Recording|
|Brand Building Strategies for Smaller Firms (2 of 2)||Webinar Recording|
|Registering Companies and the Implications||Webinar Recording|