FBT 2018: Car Parking and Exemptions
How to identify, value and report Car Parking benefits. Explaining the complexities and dispelling the many myths.
Aug 28Tue 10:30 AM AEST - Tue 12:00 PM AEST Online
- $220.00 incl. GST
- PD hours: 1.5
The FBT car parking rules are complex and require careful consideration to ensure compliance and to maximise savings.
This webinar will provide you with a clear understanding of the rules governing car parking fringe benefits, the steps required to ensure compliance and strategies to minimise FBT liabilities.
Webinar Learning Outcomes:
• How to determine if an FBT liability exits for employer provided car parking;
• Defining a commercial parking station;
• Measuring the 1 kilometre radius;
• How to manage the FBT on part year parking arrangements;
• How to manage the FBT on part-time parking arrangements
• A process for identifying if taxable car parking is provided;
• A detailed explanation of the 3 methods available for counting the number of car parking benefits;
• Analysing the data requirements for counting the number of car parking benefits;
• A detailed explanation of the 3 methods available for valuing car parking benefits;
• Key solutions for minimizing FBT liabilities;
• The ATO’s current reform agenda on car parking and rewrite of Taxation Ruling 96/26; and
• Distinguishing between provision of parking benefits and reimbursement of parking expenses.
This webinar is suited to those in practice or internal roles, from beginners to advanced, including:
• Tax agents and tax advisors
• Accountants in Public Practice
• Tax Accountants
• HR Personnel (from officers to General HR Managers)
• Payroll Accountants
• Payroll Managers and their teams
• Finance Managers
• Management Accountants
• Tax Managers
• Facilities Managers
• Procurement Managers
• Fleet Managers
• Salary Packaging Managers
Paul Mather is the founder of FBT Solutions. Paul has over 25 years’ experience in FBT, Payroll and Salary Packaging in Australia & New Zealand helping businesses across all industry sectors meet their ongoing Employment Taxes, Payroll and Indirect Taxes obligations. In particular, Paul has significant hands on experience with Preparation, Review and ATO lodgment of Australian and New Zealand FBT returns. Prior to starting his own practice, Paul worked as an Employment Taxes Director at Ernst & Young in Sydney, and in New Zealand with BDO and PKF.
Paul is a Registered Tax Agent, a Chartered Tax Adviser and a Chartered Accountant. Paul holds a Bachelor of Business Studies from Massey University in New Zealand and a Master of Taxation from Sydney University. Paul is a member of the ATO’s Small Business Stewardship Group and was a member of the former ATO NTLG FBT-subcommittee Group from 2005 to 2013.
You will be provided with:
• PowerPoint presentation slide deck
• Any Supporting documentation
• Webinar Recording to view multiple times for up to 6 months
• An opportunity to ask questions to the presenter
|Trusts (3 of 3) – Elections, Trust Loss Provisions & CGT Planning||Webinar Recording|
|Small Business Restructure Rollover||01 Aug|
|GST - Key Risk Areas||Webinar Recording|
|FBT 2018: FBT Reporting for Cars & Car Parking||Webinar Recording|