FBT 2018: Salary Packaging Essentials
How to create a “win win” situation for Employers and their Employees.
Oct 23Tue 1:00 PM AEDT - Tue 2:30 PM AEDT Online
- $220.00 incl. GST
- PD hours: 1.5
Salary Packaging provides a key solution to offering flexible remuneration to your employees, by providing Employee’s with a pay increase at no additional cost to the Employer. For FBT exempt and rebateable employers Salary Packaging remains a key policy component of remuneration. For all other employers, offering Salary Packaging is a necessary part of Remuneration strategies.
The application of the FBT rules are key to Salary Packaging and will be explained in detail. Key benefits covered in this webinar include Cars, Car Parking, Relocation, LAFH benefits, Remote Area benefits, Portable Electronic Devices including Laptops / Tablets, Airline Lounge Memberships, School Fees (Expatriates), Mortgage, Rent and Credit Cards.
We will also cover:
• Determining the requirements for an effective salary sacrifice arrangement
• Calculation examples showing the effect on after tax income for various income levels
• Comparison of Pre-tax FBT method and Post-tax contribution method for Cars and Car Parking
• Comparison of Statutory formula method and Logbook method for Cars and Car Parking
• Salary packaging arrangements for different employer types
Webinar Learning Outcomes:
Attendees will be provided with an understanding of salary packaging cars and a variety of other benefits. Guidance will be provided on what can and cannot be packaged, and the various valuation and structuring methods available. Including:
• Understanding the concept of salary packaging and how to maximise the benefits of salary sacrificing for employers and employees.
• Providing practical knowledge to assist in managing and understanding the salary packaging of cars and other benefits
Those in practice or corporate roles, from beginners to advanced, those involved in FBT reporting or management/policy of salary packaging, including:
- Finance Managers
- Financial Accountants
- Accounts Payable personnel
- Tax agents and tax advisors
- Accountants in Public Practice
- Tax Accountants
- Tax Managers
- HR Managers
- Payroll Managers
- Fleet Managers
Paul Mather is the founder of FBT Solutions. Paul has over 25 years’ experience in FBT, Payroll and Salary Packaging in Australia & New Zealand helping businesses across all industry sectors meet their ongoing Employment Taxes, Payroll and Indirect Taxes obligations. In particular, Paul has significant hands on experience with Preparation, Review and ATO lodgment of Australian and New Zealand FBT returns. Prior to starting his own practice, Paul worked as an Employment Taxes Director at Ernst & Young in Sydney, and in New Zealand with BDO and PKF.
Paul is a Registered Tax Agent, a Chartered Tax Adviser and a Chartered Accountant. Paul holds a Bachelor of Business Studies from Massey University in New Zealand and a Master of Taxation from Sydney University. Paul is a member of the ATO’s Small Business Stewardship Group and was a member of the former ATO NTLG FBT-subcommittee Group from 2005 to 2013.
You will be provided with:
• PowerPoint presentation slide deck
• Any Supporting documentation
• Webinar Recording to view multiple times for up to 6 months
• An opportunity to ask questions to the presenter
|Small Business Restructure Rollover||01 Aug|
|FBT 2018: New Zealand FBT Essentials Update||Webinar Recording|
|Tax Issues for Medical Practitioners||19 Sep|
|Practical Tax Examples: Tax Issues for Trusts||Webinar Recording|