SMSF Advice – A Great Opportunity for Accountants (1 of 2)
Everything you ever wanted to know about SMSF Licensing, but were afraid to ask!
Oct 16Tue 10:30 AM AEDT - Tue 11:30 AM AEDT Online
- $180.00 incl. GST
- PD hours: 1
Given the changing financial landscape and the government’s focus on the financial services sector and SMSFs – there is a significant opportunity for accountants to once again get on the ‘front foot’ and reinforce their position as their clients’ “Trusted Advisor”.
To ensure every accountant is aware of the opportunities and requirements covering the SMSF Licensing regime, these two webinars will provide key insights, practical tips and the Do’s and Don’ts of giving advice to clients.
Part 1 is focussed on the opportunity licensing presents for accountants and evaluates the pros & cons by providing practical insights on the following important issues:
• When is it viable to consider becoming RG146 Accredited?
o should you establish a “Referral Only” relationship, or
o obtain your own AFSL?
• An explanation of how the FASEA Educational requirements will change forever the advice landscape: a “Game Changer” for the Accounting profession
• How does the Royal Commission process impact on the accounting profession … and SMSF Licensing?
• What are the Pros and Cons of being a (Limited) Authorised Representative and what are your responsibilities?
• A practical explanation of the Do’s and Don’ts of SMSF Advice i.e. what you can / can’t say as an Accountant
• Part 2 will address the areas of commercial viability and compliance.
• This session includes an Executive Summary from “SMSF Licensing Insights Report: Everything You Ever Wanted to Know about SMSF Licensing … but were Afraid to Ask.”
Webinar Learning Outcomes:
Attendees will understand the practical implications of choosing whether to become licensed as well as the benefits and disadvantages of various licensing options under the new regime.
Accountants with SMSF clients.
George Haramis is the Managing Director of Unison Financial Group Pty Ltd. He has worked in a diverse range of executive roles within the wealth management industry, successfully leading some of Australia's premier domestic and international financial institutions. George’s previous companies include ANZ Private Bank, Perpetual Private Clients, and Lend Lease Corporate Services. George has personally developed an extensive range of financial service offerings during his career, specifically for the accounting profession. The introduction of FOFA created the environment for George to establish one of Australia’s leading SMSF Licencing services for the accounting profession.
Your webinar purchase includes:
• PowerPoint presentation
• Supporting documentation
• Webinar Recording to view multiple times for up to 6 months
• An opportunity to ask questions to the presenter
|Introduction to SIS Compliance (1 of 2)||Webinar Recording|
|Superannuation Update - 2017||Webinar Recording|
|SMSF Advice - A Commercially Viable and Compliant Offering, Licensed or not! (2 of 2)||31 Oct|
|ECPI and the New Way||Webinar Recording|