SMSF Advice - A Commercially Viable and Compliant Offering, Licensed or not! (2 of 2)
Everything you ever wanted to know about SMSF Licensing, but were afraid to ask!
Oct 31Wed 1:00 PM AEDT - Wed 2:00 PM AEDT Online
- $180.00 incl. GST
- PD hours: 1
Given the changing financial landscape and the government’s focus on the financial services sector and SMSFs – there is a significant opportunity for accountants to once again get on the ‘front foot’ and reinforce their position as their clients’ “Trusted Advisor”.
To ensure every accountant is aware of the opportunities and requirements covering the SMSF Licensing regime, these two webinars will provide key insights, practical tips and the Do’s and Don’ts of giving advice to clients.
Our first webinar on SMSF Licensing focussed on the opportunity it presents for accountants and evaluated the pros & cons.
In this second webinar George Haramis will address the following key questions:
• How to establish an SMSF Advice business in your practice to ensure:
o Minimal business disruption
o Commercial viability
o Compliant advice processes
• What to consider when selecting the right AFSL to work with
• What Advice document do you need to use – and what are they used for?
o examining the structure and use of all advice material
o case study: using all key documents and working through the advice process.
• How to establish a commercially friendly (and viable) advice fee structure for:
o initial advice services
o ongoing advice services
o spin-off proposition for a client’s full advice requirements
• This session includes an Executive Summary from “SMSF Licensing Insights Report: Everything You Ever Wanted to Know about SMSF Licensing … but were Afraid to Ask.”
• At the conclusion of this session attendees will receive the complete "SMSF Licensing Insights Report: Everything You Ever Wanted to Know about SMSF Licensing … but were Afraid to Ask."
Webinar Learning Outcomes:
Attendees will understand the key issues surrounding offering.
Accountants with SMSF clients.
George Haramis is the Managing Director of Unison Financial Group Pty Ltd. He has worked in a diverse range of executive roles within the wealth management industry, successfully leading some of Australia's premier domestic and international financial institutions. George’s previous companies include ANZ Private Bank, Perpetual Private Clients, and Lend Lease Corporate Services. George has personally developed an extensive range of financial service offerings during his career, specifically for the accounting profession. The introduction of FOFA created the environment for George to establish one of Australia’s leading SMSF Licencing services for the accounting profession.
Your webinar purchase includes:
• PowerPoint presentation
• Supporting documentation
• Webinar Recording to view multiple times for up to 6 months
• An opportunity to ask questions to the presenter