SMSFs – is it still worth the effort?
Does an SMSF make sense after all the recent super reforms?
Dec 04Tue 1:00 PM AEDT - Tue 2:00 PM AEDT Online
- $180.00 incl. GST
- PD hours: 1
Self-managed Super Funds (SMSFs) have become incredibly popular in recent years.
This webinar will address the following key questions:
• what is an SMSF?
• and perhaps more importantly in light of the raft of changes in recent times … do they still stack up?
In this session, we’ll be taking a practical approach to understanding the purpose of SMSFs, some of the pros and cons as well as the circumstances under which they still make sense for clients.
Webinar Learning Outcomes:
• what is an SMSF
• who is an SMSF suitable for
• what are the Trustees’ record keeping requirements
• ATO penalty regime
• The importance of keeping good records
• A high-level overview of the different types of death benefit nominations
Accountants and Advisers with less than 2 years of experience.
Accountants seeking a high level refresher of the current SMSF issues.
Paul Rafton is a Superannuation Partner for BDO Australia. He has more than 27 years’ experience in accounting and superannuation fund compliance and administration. In particular, Paul has spent the past 22 years specialising in Self-Managed Superannuation Funds where he advises clients on compliance issues and techniques to enhance and protect their retirement savings.
You will be provided with:
• PowerPoint presentation slide deck
• Supporting documentation
• Webinar Recording to view multiple times for up to 6 months
• An opportunity to ask questions to the presenter
|Contraventions in SMSFs||Webinar Recording|
|Using Div 152 to overcome the new Total Super Balance restrictions||Webinar Recording|
|ECPI and the New Way||Webinar Recording|
|Complex Relationships in SMSFs||Webinar Recording|