Preparing your business for the Aged Care Season
Broaden your knowledge on aged care and home care as we enter into the festive season also known as the aged care season.
Dec 11Tue 10:30 AM AEDT - Tue 11:30 AM AEDT Online
- $180.00 incl. GST
- PD hours: 1
When families come together during the festive season it can also be a time when your clients realise that their mums, dads, grandmas and grandpas are not as well and independent as they had been 12 months ago. This webinar will provide professionals an overview of the key types of care available and costs associated with accessing care.
The topics covered include:
1. Care at Home: Commonwealth Home Support Programme, Home Care Packages, DVA services and private care. How to calculate the fees associated with a Home Care inc Income Tested Care Fees
2. Residential Aged Care: Respite and permanent residential aged care costs inc accommodation payments, Basic Daily Fee and Means Tested Care Fee
Webinar Learning Outcomes:
Understand the types of care available from home care through to Residential aged care. Professionals will learn the following:
1. Understand the costs and types of care available
2. Issues relating to choice and options of different types of care
3. Acquire the knowledge to assist and guide clients through a variety of choices.
4. Provide holistic financial advice on matters relating to Home Care and residential aged care.
Industry Professionals, Financial Planners, Para Planners, Accountants and Lawyers.
Jemma Briscoe is the Head of Research and Technical Advice for Aged Care Gurus. She has been working in consulting and research for the past 13 years. Together with Rachel Lane (Principle of Aged Care Gurus) their business is about delivering quality advice and education to professionals about retirement living and residential aged care. She holds a Masters of Applied Finance and is a sessional lecturer at UTS.
You will be provided with:
• PowerPoint presentation slide deck
• Any Supporting documentation
• Webinar Recording to view multiple times for up to 6 months
• An opportunity to ask questions to the presenter