FBT 2019: Cars, Car Parking and Exemptions
FBT rules including alternate valuation methodologies and application of the concessions and exemptions.
Mar 13Wed 1:00 PM AEDT - Wed 2:30 PM AEDT Online
- $220.00 incl. GST
- PD hours: 1.5
In this webinar we will focus on the key FBT rules, areas of risk for motor vehicles, and ways to reduce an employer’s FBT cost.
We will cover the current areas of ATO concern and consultation including safe harbor rules for logbook, pooled cars, claiming exemption and car parking market valuation. Attendees will be given an understanding of the key areas to focus on for managing FBT, fleet planning strategies and policy implementation. Paul will highlight the common errors and dispel the many myths.
The FBT car parking rules are complex and require careful consideration to ensure compliance and to maximise savings.
This webinar will provide you with a clear understanding of the rules governing car parking fringe benefits, the steps required to ensure compliance and strategies to minimise FBT liabilities.
Webinar Learning Outcomes:
In relation to cars, attendees will be provided with:
- A clear understanding of the FBT implications for Novated Leases, Operating Leases and Associate Leases;
- A clear understanding of the current motor vehicle FBT rules as they apply to cars, pooled vehicles, utility vehicles and tool of trade vehicles – both under 1 tonne and over 1 tonne;
- Particular focus on the new safe harbour rules as announced in PCG 2018/3;
- An analysis of the statutory formula method and operating cost method;
- An explanation of the requirements for a valid logbook;
- Logbooks, who’s at risk and why;
- Analysis of the current areas of ATO audit focus; and
- A summary of the common errors and dispel the many myths.
In relation to car parking, attendees will be provided with:
- A clear understanding of how to determine if an FBT liability for employer provided car parking exists;
- A process for identifying if taxable car parking is provided;
- A detailed explanation of the 3 methods available for counting the number of car parking benefits;
- A detailed explanation of the 3 methods available for valuing car parking benefits;
- Key solutions for minimizing FBT liabilities;
- The ATO issue with market valuation method;
- The ATO’s current reform agenda on car parking and rewrite of Taxation Ruling 96/26; and
Anyone involved in FBT reporting or managing fleet / car, or those tasked with managing motor vehicles & employee parking from an operational or policy perspective. including:
- Tax agents and tax advisors
- Accountants in Public Practice
- Tax Accountants
- HR Personnel (from officers to General HR Managers)
- Payroll Accountants
- Payroll Managers and their teams
- Finance Managers
- Financial Accountants
- Management Accountants
- Tax Managers
- Fleet Managers
- Salary Packaging Managers
- Those in practice or corporate roles, from beginners to advanced
Paul Mather, Founder and Director of FBT Salary Packaging Solutions is a Registered Tax Agent, a Chartered Tax Adviser and qualified as a Chartered Accountant in Australia and New Zealand, with over 20 years of specialist experience in FBT, Salary Packaging and Payroll. Paul’s client base ranges from large corporates, multi-nationals, SME’s, start-ups, not for profits and Government organisations.
Your webinar purchase includes:
• PowerPoint presentation
• Supporting documentation
• Webinar Recording to view multiple times for up to 6 months
• An opportunity to ask questions to the presenter
|GST (2 of 2)||Webinar Recording|
|FBT 2018: Salary Packaging Essentials||Webinar Recording|
|Tax 101 - Business Structures||20 Aug|
|Tax Issues for Primary Producers||Webinar Recording|