Employee v Contractor
This is an important area that continues to attract the attention of the ATO and OSR.
Mar 23Thu 1:00 PM - Thu 2:30 PM Online
- $220.00 incl. GST
The use of contractors by many businesses and in a broad range of industry sectors continues to receive mainstream media attention. This highlights the need for all businesses to carefully consider their contractor relationships for the purposes of income tax, superannuation guarantee and payroll tax.
This webinar focuses on providing practical guidance on:
• the key issues in distinguishing between employees and contractors, based on common law decisions over time & current ATO / OSR practice;
• the income tax, superannuation & payroll tax obligations for businesses that engage contractors;
• the current view adopted by the ATO / OSR in relation to businesses engaging contractors;
• current ATO audit activity & experiences; and
• recommended actions, with a very practical spin.
Accounting, taxation and legal professionals that need to build on their basic understanding of this subject, based on common law decisions and the current practice of the ATO and OSR. HR as well as managers regularly involved in negotiating recruitment packages, may also find this webinar of interest. Intermediate - advanced level.
Crowe Horwath is the largest provider of practical accounting, audit, tax, business and financial advice to individuals and businesses from a network of over 80 offices throughout the country.
The firm’s team of 300 Principals (approx.) and professionals deliver a full range of accounting including, audit and taxation, business advisory, corporate finance and wealth management services from offices in the cities of Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane, Canberra, Perth, Auckland, Wellington and major regional centers in Australia and New Zealand.
You will be provided with:
• PowerPoint presentation slide deck
• Supporting documentation
• Webinar Recording to view multiple times for up to 6 months
• An opportunity to ask the presenter questions
|Restructures & Rollovers Part 1 - A Practical Guide to CGT Rollovers 26.05.2016||Webinar Recordings|
|Division 7A (1 of 2)||Webinar Recordings|
|FBT 2017: FBT Return Update Essentials||01 Mar|
|Year End Tax Planning - 2017||25 May|