Welcome to CCH Learning (“Site”). This site and the materials accessible via or on it are owned and operated by CCH Australia Limited (a subsidiary of Wolters Kluwer) and its affiliates and partners (collectively referred to as “CCH,” CCH Australia,” “we”, “us” or “our”).
Use of materials on our Site
CCH websites, including the Site, contain a range of materials including text, documents, presentations, videos and visual images (“materials”). None of the materials from the Site or any website owned, operated, licensed, or controlled by CCH may be copied, reproduced, republished, uploaded, posted, transmitted or distributed in any way, except that you may download one copy of the materials on any single connection for your use only, provided you keep intact all copyright and other proprietary notices. Modification of the materials or use of the materials for any other purpose is a violation of CCH’s copyright and other proprietary rights. The use of any such material on any other website or networked computer environment is prohibited. All trade marks, service marks, trade names, copyright and other intellectual property rights in materials are proprietary to CCH and/or its licensors.
Limitations and Exclusions
Our commitments to you as stated in these Terms are subject to the following reasonable limitations and exclusions:
- CCH is not engaged in rendering legal, accounting or other professional services. The information provided on the Site, or in any materials, including webinars or conferences promoted or accessible on the Site, does not constitute legal or professional advice nor is it conveyed or intended to be conveyed in the course of any adviser-client relationship. The information contained in the Site and the materials comprises general information with respect to common legal and professional issues and CCH provides no warranties or representations regarding the accuracy, currency or completeness of such information. CCH and its partners, authors, consultants, editors and programmers expressly disclaim any liability to any person, whether or not a purchaser, viewer, reader or user of the materials, in respect of anything done or omitted to be done by any person in reliance, whether wholly or partially, on any part of the materials.
- Any opinion that may be stated on the Site, or in any webinar or conference promoted on it, including any legal opinion or view, is the opinion of the individual or organisation making it and not of CCH.
- CCH does not warrant or represent that the Site or products and services listed, or any links or third party content, will operate on a continuous or fault free basis, or will be completely secure or private all of the time, or will be free from viruses or other harmful features – even though CCH takes reasonable measures to avoid or mitigate these types of issues.
- CCH will use reasonable endeavours to restore any service outages as soon as reasonably possible, but is unable to guarantee any particular time frame for resolution of issues.
- All terms and conditions that would otherwise be implied, by operation of law, so as to form part of these Terms, are excluded to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- CCH (including its officers, employees and agents) is not liable to you in any way for any indirect or consequential loss, or for any loss of profit, revenue, or data. In respect of any loss for which we may be liable to you, our liability to you will at all times be limited to the amount which you have paid to us in the six month period preceding the date of any claim by you (or if a series of related claims, then prior to the first of those claims).
- CCH will not be liable to the extent that any liability arises from any third party telecommunications failure or quality issue, or failure of electricity mains supply, or strike or other industrial unrest, or any riot, fire, explosion, flood, earthquake, volcanism or other Act of God, or any governmental action, or any other cause which is beyond CCH’s reasonable control.
This Site may contain links to third party websites. Those sites are not under the control of CCH and CCH is not responsible for the content of or the links contained in those sites. CCH does not, and its officers, directors, employees, agents, and related bodies corporate do not, recommend or endorse the content of any third party sites which may be linked to or from the Site, or products or services of any third party organisations mentioned or described on this Site or linked to or from this Site. You acknowledge that you enter any third party websites at your own risk.
Jurisdiction and Entire Agreement
This Site is controlled and operated by CCH Australia Limited. These Terms are governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of New South Wales, Australia, without giving effect to any principles of conflicts of law. Unless otherwise specified, CCH makes no representation that materials available on the Site are appropriate for use in other jurisdictions. Users who choose to access this site from locations outside Australia do so on their own initiative and are responsible for compliance with local laws, if and to the extent local laws are applicable.
You agree that any action at law or in equity arising out of or relating to these Terms shall be filed only in New South Wales, Australia and you hereby consent and submit to the personal jurisdiction of such courts for the purposes of litigating any such action. If any provision of these Terms shall be unlawful, void, or for any reason unenforceable, then that provision shall be deemed severable from these Terms to the extent of the unenforceability and shall not affect the validity and enforceability of any remaining provisions.
These Terms set out the entire agreement between us relating to the subject matter of these Terms, superseding any previous agreements, communications, representations or other arrangements, and shall not be modified except in writing, signed by both parties. You may not assign your rights or obligations under these Terms without our prior written consent.
These Terms are effective until terminated by either party. You may terminate these Terms at any time by destroying all materials obtained from the Site and all related documentation and copies. These Terms will be terminated immediately without notice from CCH Australia Limited if in CCH Australia Limited’s sole discretion you fail to comply with any term or provision of these Terms. Upon termination, you must destroy all materials obtained from this Site and all other CCH Australia Limited site(s) and all copies.