Modern governance requires a fundamental shift in thinking. Relying on a master servant relationship, the traditional perspective of governance, actually exposes those in oversight under the modern regime.
This webinar will discuss the seven pillars of good governance with an emphasis on understanding the critical relationship between oversight and management and why a culture of engagement is critical to modern governance.
Webinar Learning Outcomes:
Attendees will come away with an understanding of the need for a Good Governance framework and the modern environment that those in oversight roles operate in.
• Anyone who sits on a board or committee with Governance responsibilities.
• Professionals advising clients who run, or should run a board of directors
• Professionals particularly servicing the Not-For-Profit sector
• Industry experts looking to expand their service offerings within their chosen specialty.
• Accounting professionals, looking at Governance as an offering complementing their existing compliance and advisory services.
Simon Neaverson is a leader in corporate governance, strategic and risk management having advised boards, partnerships and senior managers in numerous Australian and international organisations, across a broad range of industries for more than 25 years. He is the founder of the GovernRight platform (www.governright.com.au), which helps organisations make governance work, providing oversight on the critical areas of GROWTH (strategy), CHANGE (emerging governance) and RISK.
A Fellow of the Australian Institute of Company Directors (“AICD”), Simon is a senior facilitator and educator in corporate strategy, risk, governance and improving board effectiveness. He was recently presented with an AICD 20 year Faculty Award ‘in appreciation of (his) ongoing contribution and excellence to the gold standard in governance education.’
Simon is frequently commended for providing a ‘real and applied sense of the board dynamic’, for ‘blending theory and practice’ and for ‘challenging participants’ views of corporate roles’.
You will be provided with:
• PowerPoint presentation slide deck
• Supporting documentation
• Webinar Recording to view multiple times for up to 6 months
• An opportunity to ask questions to the presenter
It is critical to build a culture of engagement, with the correct balance between leadership and consensus.