Microsoft has invested in Power BI as the future of data analysis and dashboard creation. It is the latest tool in Dashboards, Data Analysis and other visualisations. In this webinar we will run an end-to-end demonstration.
Power BI has the following features:
- free download and start-up subscription plan from Microsoft
- dashboard reports can be published online and viewed on a range of devices
- uses the same calculation engine (or Data Model) as Excel Powerpivot
- hundreds of visualisations to help you to analyse your data (we will explore a few of these).
Power BI is a suite of business analytics tools to analyse data and share insights. It can allow you to monitor your business and get answers quickly with rich dashboards available on every device.
The webinar will step through the process of:
- Signing up to the free Power BI service
- Connecting to your data
- Creating rich visualisations
- Creating shareable reports
- Creating and sharing dashboards
- Tailoring dashboards for mobile use
Why invest time in learning Power BI?
Accountants in public practice can use this tool to provide analytical data services to their existing client base and potentially generate new revenue.
Accountants or financial professionals who need to visualise important metrics from data and share those insights on platforms and mobile devices. Suitable for new users to Microsoft Power BI. Not suited to experienced Power BI users.
For over 20 years, Jason has provided leadership while training in qualified systems, business and information management training in government, while also training in universities and private circles.
You will be provided with:
• PowerPoint presentation slide deck
• Supporting documentation
• Webinar Recording to view multiple times for up to 6 months
• An opportunity to ask questions to the presenter
If you'd like to download Power BI in advance you can do so here. Please note however that this is not required for the webinar and you will not be expected to follow along during the session.
Visualising data with Microsoft’s self-service Business Intelligence suite.