This webinar introduces you to the main non-liquidation external administration arrangements available in Australia – Receivership and Voluntary Administration, including the use of the Deed of Company Arrangement (DOCA).
The session is introductory in nature and has both a theoretical and practical approach. We will cover;
• A type of administration where a secured creditor appoints a receiver/controller to a company under a written instrument of appointment
• The private receiver/controller’s appointment, their role and the effect on the company’s ongoing concerns.
• Those circumstances where a receiver/controller has been court appointed.
Voluntary Administration and the Deed of Company Arrangement (DOCA):
• Appointment of the Administrator
• Company restructuring
• Use and effects of the DOCA.
Webinar Learning Outcomes:
• To understand the external administration arrangements available in Australia which do not necessarily lead to a winding up of companies;
• To recognise what is involved in ‘receivership’ arrangements and the role of secured creditors; and
• To be aware of the role of Voluntarily Administration arrangement approaches, especially in cases of suspected corporate insolvency, and the utility of the Deed of Company Arrangement (the ‘DOCA”) where creditors resolve to allow the company to continue trading.
Accountants, company secretaries, and directors of Pty Ltd and non-listed public companies.
Lidia Xynas is an Associate Professor in Law in the College of Law & Justice, at Victoria University. Lidia is an academic with many years’ experience as a manager, senior lecturer and active researcher. She is a well-established researcher and author, with her research focus covering the areas of taxation law, corporate and commercial law, and sentencing law. Lidia has also published in the area of Teaching and Learning and has extensive experience is designing and implementing online and face to face programs in Law. Lidia is a demonstrated excellent teacher of law and the recipient of a teaching excellence award from the Australasian Law Teachers Association. Lidia is Fellow of the Governance Institute of Australia and a voting member of both the Tax Institute of Australia and the Law Institute of Victoria and is an Australian Lawyer, admitted in the Supreme Court of Victoria.
You will be provided with:
• PowerPoint presentation slide deck
• Supporting documentation
• Webinar Recording to view multiple times for up to 6 months
• An opportunity to ask questions
Receivership and Voluntary Administration