While most people are adamant that they will never move to an aged care facility, the fact is that one third of men and half of all women who reach aged 65 will at some time live in aged care.
In this webinar we will look at:
• The legal contracts of Residential Aged Care Facilities, which can include third party guarantees and caveats.
• The Fees and Charges for accommodation and care, including the comprehensive means test.
• How much funding aged care facilities receive for a resident
• A range of financial planning strategies residents can employ to make it more affordable.
Webinar Learning Outcomes:
• Understand key aspects of a Residential Aged Care Agreement
• Identify the residential aged care fees and charges that will apply.
• Recognise a range of financial planning strategies that can be utilised to make aged care more affordable.
Professionals who wish to examine Residential Aged Care Facilities from a wholistic point of view: legal, financial and care.
Rachel Lane is the Principal of Aged Care Gurus, where she oversees the delivery of quality education together with technical and marketing support to professionals dedicated to providing quality advice to senior Australians. Rachel has been working in financial services for almost 20 years and specialising in retirement living and aged care for more than a decade. Consulted by key industry, government and media professionals for expert comments and advice, she is regular contributor of articles in both industry and consumer media. Rachel holds a Masters in Financial Planning and has co-authored a number of books, including the very popular consumer publication “Aged Care, Who Cares?” and industry text “Retirement Living and Aged Care in Australia”.
You will be provided with:
• PowerPoint presentation slide deck
• Any Supporting documentation
• Webinar Recording to view multiple times for up to 6 months
• An opportunity to ask questions to the presenter
Fees, Funding and Strategies to make it more affordable