This is a practical overview of this area of law – particularly helpful for those advising clients with small businesses.
1. What happens when the parties are unable to reach an agreement about the division of property?
2. What are the steps involved in an application for property settlement under the Family Law Act?
3. Is it possible to have a binding pre-nuptial agreement?
Webinar Learning Outcomes:
Practical tools to give clients about to embark on a property settlement.
• Financial planners
• Tax accountants
• Family lawyers
• Small business advisors
• Small business owners
Susan Warda is an Accredited Specialist in Family Law, and was named 2013 Woman Lawyer of the Year in Private Practice by the Women Lawyers Association of NSW. Susan has been endorsed as a Recommended Australian Family Lawyer in Doyle’s Guide, 2015 and 2016 as well as Recommended Sydney Family & Divorce Lawyer in Doyle’s Guide, 2017. Susan also has extensive experience in resolving Family Law matters outside of the Court system. She is an experienced mediator and trained Collaborative Law Practitioner, and is able to help clients resolve their disputes without having to be involved in costly and time-consuming litigation.
You will be provided with:
• PowerPoint presentation slide deck
• Supporting documentation
• Webinar Recording to view multiple times for up to 6 months
• An opportunity to ask questions to the presenter
Myths and misconceptions demystified - Can you have asset protection against a divorce?