This webinar introduces you to the legal framework that underpins corporate governance in Australia from both in term of establishing a good organisational culture as well as from compliance perspective.
Directors and officers of companies have a number of fundamental governance duties and it is for the company secretary in most cases to ensure that these obligations are met.
This webinar is introductory in nature, and gives an overview of what it means by ‘good corporate governance’, with some practical applications. It is aimed at company secretaries and directors in small to medium sized firms.
Webinar Learning Outcomes:
• To understand the meaning of corporate governance and the relevant corporate legislation that underpins it.
• To appreciate the duties of directors and officers in an organisation.
• To recognise how to manage governance obligations, including due diligence approaches and implementation of compliance programs.
Company Secretaries, Directors of Pty Ltd and Ltd companies, Accountants.
Lidia Xynas is an Associate Professor in Law and is the Director of Learning and Teaching and also the interim Deputy Dean for the College of Law & Justice, at Victoria University. Lidia is an academic with many years’ experience as a manager, senior lecturer and active researcher. She is a well-established researcher and author, with her research focus covering the areas of taxation law, corporate and commercial law, and sentencing law. Lidia has also published in the area of Teaching and Learning and has extensive experience is designing and implementing online and face to face programs in Law. Lidia is a demonstrated excellent teacher of law and the recipient of a teaching excellence award from the Australasian Law Teachers Association. Lidia is Fellow of the Governance Institute of Australia and a voting member of both the Tax Institute of Australia and the Law Institute of Victoria and is an Australian Lawyer, admitted in the Supreme Court of Victoria.
You will be provided with:
• PowerPoint presentation slide deck
• Supporting documentation
• Webinar Recording to view multiple times for up to 6 months
• An opportunity to ask questions
What is their role?