A key obligation of any board is to set policy and oversee, not manage. Achieving the right balance in the relationship between board and management is critical to effective modern governance. Understanding the clear and distinct roles of a Board and its relationship with the executive.
This session takes a look at the respective roles of the board and management, and provides practical tools to manage this critical relationship.
Webinar Learning Outcomes:
• the difference between management and governance
• what is the role of the Board
• how to avoid the Board managing the business
• when the Board should engage to question, challenge or even bypass management
Company Directors, Company Secretaries, CEOs, Advisors (such as accountants and lawyers) working with the NFP sector.
Simon Neaverson is a leader in corporate governance, strategy and risk management having advised boards, partnerships and senior managers in numerous Australian and international organisations, across a broad range of industries for more than 25 years. He is the founder of GovernRight, the leading governance framework and technology for embedding good governance. A Fellow of the Australian Institute of Company Directors (“AICD”), Simon is a senior facilitator and educator in corporate strategy, risk, governance and improving board effectiveness.
You will be provided with:
• PowerPoint presentation slide deck
• Supporting documentation
• Webinar Recording to view multiple times for up to 6 months
• An opportunity to ask questions to the presenter
The critical first steps on the path to Good Governance.