In this webinar we will discuss the key considerations when one member or both need to access care. The scenarios we will look at will include:
1. Both members staying at home
2. One person entering Residential Aged Care
3. Both members entering Residential Aged Care
4. One person downsizing and one moving into Residential Aged Care
We will look at the key consideration of couples and care, including the impact on pension, impact on cash flow, the ability to access services. We will also discuss future consequences and estate planning.
Webinar Learning Outcomes:
Identify and discuss the financial issues when couples need to access care. In particular attendees will be understand the impacts on a couple’s pension and cash flow for the following situations:
1. When couples stay at home and access care
2. One person enters Residential Aged Care
3. Both members enter Residential Aged Care
4. One person downsizing and one moving into Residential Aged Care.
Financial Planners, Para Planners, Accountants, Lawyers.
Rachel Lane is the Principal of Aged Care Gurus, where she oversees the delivery of quality education together with technical and marketing support to professionals dedicated to providing quality advice to senior Australians. Rachel has been working in financial services for almost 20 years and specialising in retirement living and aged care for more than a decade. Consulted by key industry, government and media professionals for expert comments and advice, she is a regular contributor of articles in both industry and consumer media. Rachel holds a Masters in Financial Planning and has co-authored a number of books, including the very popular consumer publication “Aged Care, Who Cares?” and industry text “Retirement Living and Aged Care in Australia”.
You will be provided with:
• PowerPoint presentation slide deck
• Any Supporting documentation
• Webinar Recording to view multiple times for up to 6 months
• An opportunity to ask questions to the presenter
What are the key financial considerations when couples have to access care?