Currently there are around 6,000 young people living in residential aged care, increasingly these residents and their families are navigating two very different systems: Residential Aged Care and the NDIS.
As the rollout of the NDIS continues more young people will become what the government call “dual participants” accessing services and funding via both the aged care system and the NDIS.
Webinar Learning Outcomes:
• The costs and funding associated with Residential Aged Care.
• Eligibility and assessment criteria for accessing the NDIS.
• The fees and charges a resident can pay using NDIS funding.
• Preparing residents living in aged care for the NDIS.
Aged Care Providers, Financial Advisers, Lawyers, Accountants, Placement Consultants.
Rachel Lane is the Principal of Aged Care Gurus, where she oversees the delivery of quality education together with technical and marketing support to professionals dedicated to providing quality advice to senior Australians. Rachel has been working in financial services for almost 20 years and specialising in retirement living and aged care for more than a decade. Consulted by key industry, government and media professionals for expert comments and advice, she is a regular contributor of articles in both industry and consumer media. Rachel holds a Masters in Financial Planning and has co-authored a number of books, including the very popular consumer publication “Aged Care, Who Cares?” and industry text “Retirement Living and Aged Care in Australia”.
You will be provided with:
• PowerPoint presentation slide deck
• Any Supporting documentation
• Webinar Recording to view multiple times for up to 6 months
• An opportunity to ask questions to the presenter
Understanding the financial challenges of younger people in care.