This webinar will help you untangle the interaction between Bankruptcy and Family Law, both of which have far-reaching provisions due to the special nature of the circumstances in which they apply.
Such matters usually feature competing interests between a creditor and a spouse where all parties are seeking a favourable outcome and there is significant potential for conflict. For this reason, it’s important that professionals understand the interaction between both fields of law when giving advice.
This session will cover:
• a brief overview of the development of the law regarding bankrupt parties to family law proceedings.
• an examination of the impact of the Bankruptcy and Family Law Legislation Amendment Act 2005 on bankrupt parties, their former partners and creditors.
• a study of the most significant case law developments in family law involving bankruptcy.
Webinar Learning Outcomes:
A summary of the intersection between family law and bankruptcy law.
• Lawyers practicing in Family Law and other areas
• Financial Planners
• Business Advisors
Mills Oakley; Susan Warda - Partner
Dentons; Amy Barwick - Director
You will be provided with:
• PowerPoint presentation slide deck
• Supporting documentation
• Webinar Recording to view multiple times for up to 6 months
• An opportunity to ask questions to the presenter
Which takes precedence?