In Part 1 of this series we considered the purpose of tax effect accounting. We also addressed the calculation of current tax, the determination of the tax base of various assets and liabilities, as well as the calculation and accounting for deferred tax.
Now in Part 2, we discuss some practical tax effect accounting issues including dealing with changes in prior year taxes and disclosure of current and deferred tax.
Webinar Learning Outcomes:
At the end of this webinar, attendees will be able to:
• Explain and account for changes in prior year taxes
• Explain and account for income tax expense
• Explain and account for practical tax effect accounting issues
• Explain the presentation and disclosure of current and deferred tax
Preparers and auditors of financial reports.
Aletta Boshoff is an IFRS advisory specialist with over 25 years’ experience in financial reporting and accounting, including IFRS. Aletta prides herself on her technical excellence, approachability, and the ability to solve problems practically. Aletta loves accounting and accounting standards, but she is also of the view that it's only when you try and apply that knowledge that you are really challenged and that it is only then that you fully appreciate the nuances of IFRS.
In particular, Aletta takes great pride in her ability to apply a wealth of technical expertise to real-world business situations. She works hard to ensure she is working with her clients, involving them at every step of the journey. She helps them to understand how she came to a recommendation, so that they can test any assumptions she has made and together they can come to the best IFRS solution possible.
Your webinar purchase includes:
• the PowerPoint slide deck as a PDF workbook
• any supporting documentation required
• access to stream the Webinar Recording multiple times
• an opportunity to ask questions
Let’s get practical.