Recommending and supporting software solutions for clients is becoming a necessary skill and service being offered by Accountants. However, as a profession, we have been here before.
So, what can we learn from previous experience in order to avoid the pitfalls of the past?
• What questions do we need to ask before offering software advisory services to clients?
• What expectations do we need to manage?
• How can we mitigate the risk of crystallising our client relationship over software recommendations that go wrong?
• What business models should we consider when deciding to introduce software solutions to your clients?
There are tremendous benefits for both the firm and the client if this is done right but it can seriously impact the Accountant/Client relationship if it doesn’t go well – this session will help you avoid the mistakes that have already been made by many.
Webinar Learning Outcomes:
• This session will make you aware of the opportunity and threats to Accounting firms who recommend software to their clients.
• You will discover the critical components necessary to create a strong partnership with software vendors.
• You will learn about the relationship models utilised by software vendors when working with Accountants and how to choose which one is right for your firm to adopt.
• Find out about the main reasons why a software company and Accountant relationship fails to flourish.
• You will discover what clients expect from their Accountant when firms recommend software.
• You will learn the difference between client and customer and why this is an important distinction to understand before recommending software to your client base.
This session is suited to all Accountants within Accounting firms who are involved in the production of Financial Statements and Tax Returns off the back of client produced bookwork. The session is particularly relevant to anyone involved in the Business Advisory Services of your firm or if you currently (or are considering) recommending accounting software to your clients.
Clayton Oates is an Accounting Technologist that has been recognised as an international leader in the Accounting Technology Profession. For the past 4 years he has been maned in the Top 25 Accounting Technology Thought Leader list compiled by USA CPA Practice Advisor, becoming the first Australian to be included in this prestigious list. Clayton is also and international speaker at the major Accounting Technology events in Australia and the USA. This experience has enabled him to attain unique insights into where technology is heading and the impact it will have on the Accounting Profession and you.
Clayton speaks from experience; starting out his professional life at PwC (Melbourne) followed by time in Industry before moving to Northern NSW where he established QA Business (a specialist IT consultancy division within an Accounting group). Now independently operated, QA Business helped thousands of SMB's and their ABC's (Accountants / Bookkeepers / Consultants) in the use of Accounting & Business Technology solutions. The QA Business mission is to help small business and their advisors build stronger, more efficient businesses by implementing technology solutions that not only drive efficiency but also enable business owners and operators to buy back time from their business.
Claytons Professional Qualifications Include;
Your webinar purchase includes:
• PowerPoint presentation
• Supporting documentation
• Webinar Recording to view multiple times for up to 6 months
• An opportunity to ask questions to the presenter
How Accountants can Successfully Partner with Software Companies.