The in-house assets must be some of the more complicated areas in the SIS legislation for trustees. The general rules are simple but when it comes to the exclusions, exceptions and exemptions you are faced with a complex web that needs to be understood or you could end up with a compliance headache. This session will cover the basic, intermediate and more complex rules and how they work in practice.
Webinar Learning Outcomes:
• Understand the finer points of the in-house asset rules
• Recognise how the exceptions to the in-house assets work
• Identify strategies that can be used effectively for clients with SMSFs
• Accountants, financial advisers, tax professionals and SMSF administrators
• Small to medium organisations
• Intermediate to Advanced
Graeme Colley, Executive Manager, SMSF Technical and Private Wealth for SuperConcepts. Graeme is a well-known figure in the SMSF community with a long-standing reputation as an accomplished SMSF educator, technical expert and advocate for the sector. Graeme has held senior roles in the Australian Tax Office and as an Assistant Commissioner of the Insurance and Superannuation Commission. Most recently, Graeme was Director, Technical and Professional Standards at the SMSF Association.
Your webinar purchase includes:
• PowerPoint presentation
• Supporting documentation
• Webinar Recording to view multiple times for up to 6 months
• An opportunity to ask questions to the presenter
Simplify the complex! In-house assets made easier.