There is a blanket ban on transferring assets to an SMSF with some limited exceptions. Transferring assets to or purchasing assets by an SMSF can be tricky business. Hear how the exceptions will allow the trustee of an SMSF to transfer or purchase an asset from a related party that will not fall foul of the SIS legislation. The session will also provide a discussion of the finer points of what is meant by a related party in Part 8 of the legislation.
Webinar Learning Outcomes:
• Understand when assets can be acquired or purchased from related parties.
• Recognise who or what is a related party of an SMSF.
• Examine cases where the finer points of acquisition or purchase is involved.
• Accountants, financial planners and SMSF fund administrators
• Small to medium organisations
• Intermediate to advanced
Graeme Colley, Executive Manager, SMSF Technical and Private Wealth for SuperConcepts. Graeme is a well-known figure in the SMSF community with a long-standing reputation as an accomplished SMSF educator, technical expert and advocate for the sector. Graeme has held senior roles in the Australian Tax Office and as an Assistant Commissioner of the Insurance and Superannuation Commission. Most recently, Graeme was Director, Technical and Professional Standards at the SMSF Association.
Your webinar purchase includes:
• PowerPoint presentation
• Supporting documentation
• Webinar Recording to view multiple times for up to 6 months
• An opportunity to ask questions to the presenter
11 September 2019
Lots of tricks and traps with acquiring assets from related parties – don’t get tricked or trapped.